Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

this week's spottings...

IMG_238-vi.jpg

Hey! That's my car! Yea, the transmission place kept the Caravan FIVE weeks... I had to send my wife to pick it up since they are only open 8-5 weekdays and I have been working in New Jersey lately. After she pays, the guy says, "By the way... we think your fuel pump is bad. We had to bang on the gas tank to get it started." So she drives it home and parks it dead center in the driveway. Of course it wouldn't start and no amount of banging helped. So off it went to my regular shop! AAA must really love me.

yellowtracker-vi.jpg

Spotted this one on a local used car lot. Looks an awful lot like my Geo Tracker! Except it's a newer vehicle and that black front treatment is downright ugly. I was intrigued enough to call for more details... yea, $8999. I'm sure it will be there a long while.

IMG_0244-vi.jpg

I posted this one on the Girls Car thread too. That's the final word on girls cars! Soooo ugly. And it's not like the place could rent it out for other purposes when they're not using it. Yea, I want to take that to a funeral!

IMG_0241-vi.jpg

And this one was in the same lot as the pink Chrysler 300 limo! Parked outside the local pizza shop "Peace A Pizza". Actually a decent pizza place. Yea, that's grass on the roof. This one got me thinking if I was up to creating it in scale... hmmm.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a Bing mapping car (Toyota Rav 4) with rooftop camera out driving around today. Also must have been topless Friday, saw a white Ferrari 458 Spyder, Orange Gallardo, red Porsche 356 and a red c2 Corvette, all top down. And a dark colored early 911 coupe w Fuchs wheels in the predawn dark this morning...

And for something completely different, a gym in a neighborhood shopping center is using a bumpside Ford F600 fire truck for advertising....

Edited by Rob Hall

Forgot, saw one of the new Colorado pickups yesterday!

Joe... where was that, specifically?

At the time, Kress Rd. In West Chicago on the part where the road ramps up to go over the U.P. tracks. I actually waited for the the owner with my flashers on since it was a bad spot to leave a dark colored car with no working hazard lights (or tail lights, or gas gauge.........), especially on days like that and since it was also around 3:30pm or so when I stopped.

I occasionally see a yellow 1972 Charger across from my school. Used to see it all the time. Also, a couple of weeks ago I saw an early 1970s Firebird that was done up in street machine style. We always pass this house that has 2 1969 Mustangs and a 1975 Camaro sitting outside with nothing but a tarp covering them (BLASPHEMY!). Other than that, I haven't seen much...then again, it is getting pretty cold around here in central PA.

Edited by Camaro68396

I saw this one today on a parking lot nearby. I don't know the story behind it, but it was really dirty and it might be possible that it hasn't been moving for a while. I don't know for sure though.

DSCN1137.JPG?img=img900

Earlier in the Summer I saw a GMC.

DSCN8131.JPG?img=img900

An early-to-mid '30s Morgan 3-wheeler cruised past my office on 3rd Ave and 39th St. in mid-town Manhattan yesterday. When you think about, actually a sensible car for driving around the city with it's maneuvering and parking advantages. Although, the weather's getting pretty cold and foul now to be driving without the top on, if the guy even has it....

Oh, and the rear end of an immaculate 67-68 Camaro SS poking out of the garage of a guy who lives up the street from me. I imagine he was giving it a tune-up in as that the dual exhausts were puffing away.

PB.

Wow! Those things are a trip!

Tell me about it, I had just gotten out of the 200 at the 7-11 near work this morning when I heard a growl, turned around and saw the twin of the one pictured driving past the strip mall I was in. All I was thinking was.........what is that?! Too wild to be that Can Am trike, yet too few wheels to be a KTM Crossbow too. Had to look it up, turns out it's a Polaris!

Edited by Joe Handley

I do like the afternoon commute in downtown Scottsdale..always something interesting. This afternoon, saw a gorgeous silver late 70s Porsche 930 turbo, a dark gray Nissan GTR, a black Land Rover Sport ( the new generation), an orange Mercedes SLS, a bright blue current 911 GT3, a chrome wrapped 05-09 Mustang convertible, and a silver 15 Mustang GT, and a very sharp and rumbling gray Crown Vic LX Sport....