Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brutus Mustang funny car

Pro Tech

Thanks guys, 

John and Chris, yeah it's about time I got back to the bench huh. Thanks and I love your guy's work. I don't always respond to your updates but I look forward to each and every one, you guys are awesome ?

vamach 1, I'm using the Johan kit that has a close to stock dimensions for the body. The car does have a slight extended nose/wheelbase (see pic) that the kit does not have.

ATT_1457541645591_41551.thumb.jpeg.71e81

Tom, nice hearing from ya, long time no talk. Send me a pm with your phone number ( I had it somewhere but not sure where ) and we'll catch up soon.

Charlie

Pro Tech

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2017 at 8:18 AM, afx said:

Very nice Charlie.  Everything is very nicely organized and finished.  May I ask what silver paint you use?  It doesn't appear to have any grain to it. 

Thanks guys, appreciate the views and comments.

afx, the silver used on the tinwork and fuel cell is your standard Testors spray can silver. 

Charlie

Pro Tech

On 12/4/2017 at 6:12 PM, F/CNUT said:

Charlie, I also love your work. It is so clean. Love the paint job. I have the 1/16 decals that I'am going to use and I was wondering what color Orange paint did you use?

Thanks again guys,

F/CNUT  the orange is Ace Hardware brand.

Charlie

Pro Tech

• 4 weeks later...

Well after a number of years (on and off) I finally finished this build. Yes I know I only installed one chute but after researching the car Lew ran only one chute most (almost all) the time. I used Pro Tech parts for all of the detailing on the build. If you have any questions I can answer I'd be happy too. 

Charlie

Pro Tech

Edited by Pro Tech