Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite Obscure or Discovered Music Album

afx

Totally forgot about this one until a couple of days ago.  Very unique style, especially Sprach Zarathustra(theme from 2001) and Rhapsody in blue.  My guess is that very few of you will even know what I am talking about, much less have ever heard it. 

On 10/20/2018 at 10:32 PM, Pete J. said:

Totally forgot about this one until a couple of days ago.  Very unique style, especially Sprach Zarathustra(theme from 2001) and Rhapsody in blue.  My guess is that very few of you will even know what I am talking about, much less have ever heard it.

I know the music and artist well.   :D

• 2 months later...

Heres one from my MPLS youth. Some of you just might remember because it was the closest they got to popularity.

Bruce "Beej" Chaney(vocalist) was a schoolmate and Hugo Halliday(Drums) lived in an apartment building at the same

time I was living and working downtown Minneapolis for an department store advertising dept.  

I've just started exploring other parts of the forum and discovered this thread. I like a lot of the music posted here and have heard a quite a bit of it. I like almost all forms of music as long as it's performed well. I tend to look for obscure and independent bands and singers, so YouTube is a wonderful source. Here are a few of my favorites.

First time I heard her I was smitten with her voice. The Bass player is incredible too.

Following Dan Auerbach's (The Black Keys) Easy Eye Sound on YouTube turned me on to Shannon and The Clams and she released her own solo album which he produced.

For mellowing out nothing beats The Amazing. If you've listened to Fleetwood Mac before Buckingham Nicks you might understand this song. Otherwise just enjoy.

I could do this all day, but I won't. If you have access to the SiriusXM app, tune in to the late Tom Petty's Buried Treasure show on channel 711. He died way too soon. I discovered his show soon after getting the app and he passed away. My taste in offbeat music parallels his. The show consisted mainly of music from the past, but occasionally he played new releases. I never find anything he has played bad.

Edited by THarrison351

On 10/31/2018 at 10:40 PM, 1972coronet said:

Bonus track from the 1997 reissue of Notorious Byrd Brothers ,  later "covered" again when Chris Hillman joined Manassas ; vocals were performed on the latter :

I have both Manassas' albums. The first is awesome. Stephen and Chris and the rest of the band were so talented. They could play anything. 

Edited by THarrison351

On 1/29/2019 at 11:54 AM, afx said:

Despite the pleasant imagery in the video the song's actual subject is a bit more sinister.

Was that the same band who did "Men In Black" ?

Here is one from a band I have many albums from. (If you are familiar with Ozric Tentacles you know what I mean.)

I had the luck to see them play in Arizona, Mind melting show it was. 

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER

• 3 months later...