Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ladies and Gentlemen: My Cadillac S T S - V+

ismaelg

Hello,

First things first: You need to take this model for what it is: A modified plastic model based on a diecast tooling. Despite the effort, it could go only so far due to it's nature. This was more of a fun exercise. Tail lights, headlights, chassis, suspension etc. are limited in details. But it's done and I like it!

My Anti-Bling Cadillac STS-V Corporate Jet edition

DSCF2974-vi.jpg

DSCF2981-vi.jpg

DSCF2964-vi.jpg

DSCF2965-vi.jpg

Grapefruit tree in my back yard. Garage door was open <_<

DSCF2967-vi.jpg

I tried to eliminate the tail lights pin marks with no success. That's what I like least of this build. Oh well, they look light bulbs :D

DSCF2968-vi.jpg

DSCF2969-vi.jpg

Specs: (play along ok?)

Supercharged and modified Northstar engine producing 750 hp

Adjustable suspension from soft to race firm

Massive cross drilled brake rotors and 6 piston monoblock aluminum Brembo calipers

Lightweight wheels

Hi-Speed satellite data link (roof antenna) for full internet access plus secure encrypted data transfers, NAV, XM, On-star etc

Bose Ultra Super Premium Plus sound system

DVD player integrated to sound system

Computer interface to use DVD screens as monitors

Special wipers designed to operate BEYOND Autobahn speeds :lol:

Remote Keyless entry and ignition

Tinted windows for privacy

Emissions inspection sticker

This car lapped Road Atlanta in the 1:45 range with street tires

Who said older cars get all the fun? I challenge any old muscle car for a performance shootout. 0-60, 1/4 mile, braking, 1 lap at Road Atlanta, sound system, internet access, comfort after 1,000 miles, fuel economy, you name it etc. :lol:

Thanks,

Edited by ismaelg

If this was American Idol I would say with a Brithish accent "YOUR PERFORMANCE WAS REMARKABLE, OUTSTANDING

I BELEIVE U R THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL" AND THE OTHER GUY WILL SAY, EVEN DOW I LIKE THE BLINK THIS CADDI IS OF THE HOOK YOU DOG"!!! and Paula will say, she will not say nothing...she will only cry.......

COMO DECIMOS NOSOTROS "NITIDO" <_<

VERY CLEAN BUILD WITHOUT THE BLING THAT CADILLAC LOOK'S LIKE THE REAL THING.... :D BUT THEY ARE NOT BIG GUY FRIENDLY

MY BROTHER JUST BOUGHT THE 08 CTS WITH ALL THE GOODIE'S AND I STILL WHIP HIM WITH MY 06 DTS SUPERCHARGED. <_<

<_< It looks GREAT Iz, The backrouund display is totally convincing! It does look real! I like the reflection on the trunk.Hey Biggs,Any supercharged Cadillac V model WILL tromp on a NON-supercharged anything!!!Great build Iz,Caddy's are GREAT CARS and you sure do em justice! Just the opinion of an old Cadillac builder and driver! :D:lol::lol:;)

Between you and Bob Downie, that kit looks state of the art, but everything came from the builder. I am still trying to figiure out what to do with mine. I plan to de-bling it, and make it look more like a real car, instead of a charature. I would be proud if mine came out half as good as yours Ismael.

Ismael, that sir, is OUTSTANDING! Both you and Bob have really made these builds look absolutely perfect.

I'm with the other guys, where'd the wheels come from?

Another flawless build from Izzy Motors.

Chris

Ismael, that sir, is OUTSTANDING! Both you and Bob have really made these builds look absolutely perfect.

I'm with the other guys, where'd the wheels come from?

Another flawless build from Izzy Motors.

Chris

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I have a set of these wheels as well, they're 23" Pegasus Vantage; they're 2 pieces with the center part being removable to paint, and you can adjust the offset a bit front to rear.

Thank you all for the nice comments!

Bob is right. Those are Pegasus Vantage 23s. They were gold with chrome outer rims. I painted the centers aluminum plate buffing metalizer and left the rim chrome. I replaced the tires with meatier ones from the parts box.

I also like how the door handles came out.

Thanks,

Thanks Bob and Ismael! They look great.

Ismael, I was wondering about the door handles, I hadn't looked at my kit but thought was pretty sure you had to scratch those out. Yes, they do look fantastic!

Chris

Thanks all!

Forgot to mention about the license plate: "Papi" in spanish means daddy. My father signs "Papy" whenever he gives me a greeting card or even on emails. I'm not sure whether he has always mis-spelled it or just changed it as a personal style :P I'll ask him today.

If I ever hit the lotto (big time, not just a few little millions) this is something I would buy for him. :lol:

Thanks,

Great work Izzy! This came out great! Yet another super high caliber build from a master. I love the overall look, but that interior is just tops! I still have the most difficulty with interior detail, and yours just gives me a higher target to shoot for. Keep up the great work! :D

Thanks everybody!

Jay, This started out as Revell's plastic Uptown Cadillac STS-V.

85-2051.jpg

Here is a pic of the box from Pat Redmond's Fotki: (I hope Pat doesn't mind)

revstsv001-vi.jpg

While this is a plastic kit, the origins of the molds were intended for a diecast. With the soaring price of diecast materials (zinc, zamac etc) and maybe also a soft market, they decided to run it in plastic.

Here is a link to the progress thread of mine:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7063

Thanks,

Thanks everybody!

Jay, This started out as Revell's plastic Uptown Cadillac STS-V.

Here is a pic of the box from Pat Redmond's Fotki: (I hope Pat doesn't mind)

revstsv001-vi.jpg

While this is a plastic kit, the origins of the molds were intended for a diecast. With the soaring price of diecast materials (zinc, zamac etc) and maybe also a soft market, they decided to run it in plastic.

Here is a link to the progress thread of mine:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7063

Thanks,

I've seen the Uptown kits in normal Revell boxes at Michaels; I think the flat boxes were a "Wal Mart" thing...