Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just Your Basic 3-Window Deuce Highboy

Bernard Kron

DSCF8920-web.jpg

Just Your Basic Chopped Deuce 3-Window Highboy

(More pictures below)

For my last project in 2011 I wanted to tackle something relatively simple and straightforward. I decided I’d do a Revell ’32 Ford 3-window and try to “empty the box”, using as much of the basic kit as possible with just a minimum of changes to add some interest. I started by chopping the top 3 ¾ scale inches, thinking this would be the extent of anything ambitious that I’d tackle, I had originally intended to build a full-fendered car but once I started working on the stance and test fitted the chopped top it became clear to me that it would have to be fenderless. To add some variety to the small block Ford that comes in every Deuce variant that Revell has ever offered, I added a pair of four barrel Holleys from Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Maryland, along with Ansen valve covers from the same source. The key to the overall look, a classic early 60’s style hot rod, were the chrome reverse rim wheels and whitewall tires. The front wheels are from an AMT ‘29 Ford roadster kit and the rears from an AMT ’53 Ford pickup. The tires are from Modelhaus, T100C’s at the front and T180C’s at the rear. The firewall was adapted from the AMT Phantom Vicky kit. Paint is Duplicolor, the main body being Dark Toreador Red Metallic over dark gray primer, with black frame rails and Wimbledon White on the firewall. Everything else is straight out of the box.

Thanx for loookin’

B.

DSCF8925-web.jpg

DSCF8946-web.jpg

DSCF8942-web.jpg

DSCF8932-web.jpg

DSCF8890-web.jpg

Interior-web.jpg

Nothin' wrong with that! I love a basic ol' skool deuce. Looks awesome. Love the color choice and the wide whites.

+1

I also think you did the right thing leaving the model with the louvered hood. I think it gives it character and it looks very period correct. Congrats on a great model.

Thanx everyone! B):) This came out far better than I ever thought it would. It fought me all the way, from start to finish, including a trip to the dreaded Purple Pond and countless small parts flying from my frustrated fingers to the carpet, with quite a few never to return... It was supposed to be quick and simple and turned out to be neither... But it looks good on my shelf, so I'll forgive it, I guess... :D

Another fine build, Bernard!!

You've probably noticed that I've switched cars again (due to the lack of phone calls on my way home from work).

I'll call on the weekend when I get past this cold...

Later,

Yah! what this guy said ;)

I guess i'd better start callin' him in the afternoon...so he doesn't lose the car, heh!

c'ya Bernard...