Model Cars Magazine Forum

ZVEZDA Cars 1/43 Doc Hudson Snap Kit

Joe Handley

I just so happened to find this kit at the Schaumburg HobbyTown when I stopped there on my way home from the I-Hobby show to say Hi and they happened to have the whole series in stock. After reading about this series in the Cars from Cars thread, I figured what the heck and picked up one of the Doc Hudson kits, so here it is!

The Box Art

20131004_190850_zps1c684357.jpg

20131004_190902_zpsfbd96c4e.jpg

Here's the whole kit

20131004_190610_zps7d66d8fd.jpg

The Decals

20131004_190929_zpsba398d59.jpg

Chassis, Floor, and Tires

20131004_190619_zps301cdb8e.jpg

The "Body" and "Chrome"

20131004_190704_zpsd0a33329.jpg

20131004_190720_zps27608852.jpg

20131004_190738_zps2e847759.jpg

And one interesting little detail, there are in fact eyes upon you!

20131004_191251_zps133120eb.jpg

It's interesting, Not the greatest, but looks like it should build a decent model once done and might be a good excuse to try ALCLAD's chrome paint on the "chrome" pieces and then BMF chrome trim.

Edited by Joe Handley

Only thing is, Who in the US sells these??

I see them listed on evil Auction from China, Japan, etc, but have never seen them in ANY stores!

I would get all of them if they were available Locally/regionally

From what I can tell of the price tag, Glen got them from Stevens International, so if your LHS has an account with them, they should be able to order them for you. I'm going to mention them to my boss, see if she might order some too.

Only thing is, Who in the US sells these??

I see them listed on evil Auction from China, Japan, etc, but have never seen them in ANY stores!

I would get all of them if they were available Locally/regionally

My Squadron flyer shows them in stock. Cars are 1/43rd and the planes from Planes are 1/100. All run about $8

http://www.squadron.com/model-cars-and-trucks-s/2373.htm?searching=Y&sort=3&cat=2373&show=18&page=1&brand=ZVEZDA

It's a pity they didn't do Mack.

Ben

I was screwing around on the computer at work and it looks like ZVEZDA also has Mack (#2202), Red (#2025), Sarge (#2024), and the Japanese Prototype racer Shu Yodoroki (#2026) listed in the HTU point of sale system with the above numbers and are listed as "To Be Announced" on Stevens International's sales site. Hopefully they don't go the way of the AMT '50 Olds and '51 Stude kits that had been listed for years in the computer.

In before somebody remarks "They got the shape of that back window all wrong." :P

LOLOLOL :D

I finally got it under some good lighting Sunday........there will be some sanding needed on the body, you can still see the machine marks in the plastics. It is no Moebius kit, that's for dang sure!

Edited by Joe Handley

I was screwing around on the computer at work and it looks like ZVEZDA also has Mack (#2202), Red (#2025), Sarge (#2024), and the Japanese Prototype racer Shu Yodoroki (#2026) listed in the HTU point of sale system with the above numbers and are listed as "To Be Announced" on Stevens International's sales site. Hopefully they don't go the way of the AMT '50 Olds and '51 Stude kits that had been listed for years in the computer.

I might have to get Mack then since I'm a Mack truck fan.

Ben

My LHS has all of these, plus the Planes ones, too.

They're a bit rough looking, I guess, given that Hudson, but still, that's more or less what you expect from Zvezda.

I think that they're a great way to get kids into modelling, and likely make for a fun subject for more mature modellers too!