Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Pontiac bonneville

StevenGuthmiller

I just got a pretty good deal on a rebuilder '59 convertible. Body was done decently, I might do some detail painting, paint the interior and call it done.

I'm not looking forward to doing those little tiny strips of chrome on the top of the fins.

Steve- love it. Great colors, and always a great build.

Charlie Larkin

I just got a pretty good deal on a rebuilder '59 convertible. Body was done decently, I might do some detail painting, paint the interior and call it done.

I'm not looking forward to doing those little tiny strips of chrome on the top of the fins.

Steve- love it. Great colors, and always a great build.

Charlie Larkin

The only good thing about the trim on those fins Charlie, is the fact that they're so straight. Try using some blue painters tape as a guide for trimming the BMF & it really goes quite well.

Steve

Another vintage model turned masterpiece!

Say, did you ever finish that ' 62 Galaxie vert?

No, I have yet to finish it. I was less than happy with the paint job on that one. I may have to get more paint & shoot another coat or 2 on it. For some reason, I used an entire 1 oz. jar of paint on it & it still is not a uniform color. May have been a rare bad jar of paint from MCW.

Steve