Model Cars Magazine Forum

Packard Walsh's Corvette From " The Wraith"

Rotorbolt73

After about 5 months of working on this project, I finally have it finished. This is a model of the bad guy's Corvette from the movie " The Wraith". I have seen others start similar projects but no one I know of has ever completed a build of this movie car. So here is probably the first one ever done. I have the entire build details documented over in the workbench section. I built it from 4 different corvette kits. Enjoy.

PICT0592_zpseabaoghz.jpg

PICT0593_zpsik0noji9.jpg

PICT0594_zpspzc47hss.jpg

Wow. I saw that movie when it was released in the theater, I took my girlfriend. She hated it, it was "Too violent and stuff". I thought it was great, except for the hammy final scene. Amazingly, I never realized that the Corvette had Ecklers style front flares, but no rear flares, and I forgot about the C4 rear clip blended in. This model looks great and sits right, one of the better movie cars I've seen in scale. Excellent job.

-MJS

Thanks guys. This was probably one of my most involved builds...Yes Jesse, At one point in the build when it was in final primer I actually did consider having a resin caster use this body as a master to make a mold so that a resin body could be made available.

I decided not to bother with all that and if anyone wanted to build one, I have at least shown them one way out of many possible methods to build it.

The build of one of these could be cut down to 3 kits if one wanted to build it in 1/25 rather than the 1/24th I built mine in. One way would be to use the MPC dragon vette kit itself as the basis with the AMT eckler kit providing the majority parts along with a MPC or AMT mid 80's vette kit for at least the tail and the BBS rims depending on the kit options..

Edited by Rotorbolt73

It's called attention to detail, and it is why this model is so cool!

I love that movie but your model can stand alone without the sentimental value of its big screen inspiration.

Very nice craftsmanship my friend!

• 1 year later...

Wow that is almost EXACT....Packards mirrors were square and the wheels had some black mixed in with the red and a think black stripe in the yellow strip, but WOW what a job...how did you graft the 84' bumper intp the C3 body. Amazing job!!!!!! Packards was an automatic trans too!!  Not to nit pick...lol....

PICT0595_zpspodneyxv.jpg