Model Cars Magazine Forum

PayPal

Jon Cole

I cannot say for sure if this is relevant for model builders who purchase online and pay via PayPal, but I thought it should be shared in case it is.

PayPal’s New Terms Of Service Mean More Robocalls, Spam Texts For Users

http://consumerist.com/2015/06/02/paypals-new-terms-of-service-mean-more-robocalls-spam-texts-for-users/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

There was a news story about this on one of the Seattle Stations. PayPal was indeed considering the Robo-Call Pestering of their customers/users. From what the news said about it. PayPal received so much negative feedback from members calling them directly, it tied up their switchboards for quite awhile. From the story it sounded like both eBay and PayPal both would encounter a huge hit on their membership numbers, based on that feedback; right now it's doubtful that PayPal will engage in Robo-Calling its members in the near future. Probably subject to change depending on the way they feel the next week!

I'm not really worried about it, I have never recived a call from them and I don't really see why they should start calling me either. I'm also protected against phonesellers in a registry so if any seller is calling I can report the company that called.

I don't want to jinx it... but I've had said application of that name for a very long time, and never once received any sort of communication other than emails. It also helps that you put very limited information in there when you sign up.

• 2 weeks later...