Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cars that SHOULD be in the USA

What is it? Looks like a Mercury version of a 71 Torino.

It's a Ford Falcon XC.... Mad Max's Interceptor was based off this platform ( think MM Interceptor was an XA... ?) doesn't matter anyway... XA/XB or XC ... Bodies are all the same... ?

This isn't even in production yet, and when it does, it's already going to be here.

Maybe the point here is that delivery was to begin last month but delay after delay have pushed it back.

To be honest I have a deposit on one. Mine was due NOV but I know it will be 2016 at least. I have sat in that orange prototype

and it is cool....but the delays worry me some.

WP_20141205_0201-vi.jpg

What is it? Looks like a Mercury version of a 71 Torino.

In 1973 Ford set out to design and build a new four-door LTD and two-door Landau, described as a 'personal coupe'. Construction was done using the Falcon coupe body, with revised rear side window openings, an LTD front with hide-away headlights and a padded vinyl roof. The rear was slightly altered using a long horizontal joined tail light and indicators.

There are four major external features that differentiate the XA, XB, and XC Hardtop and the Landau.

• Totally different front end sheet metal and grille with hide-away headlights
  • Totally different tail light panel with a single strip of lights
  • Totally different Dash and instruments
  • Interior has four bucket seats

The original Interceptor was created using a 1973 Ford XB GT Falcon Hardtop (the last pic)

post-15262-0-14149300-1436081869.jpg

post-15262-0-95567700-1436081872.jpg

post-15262-0-63921400-1436081882_thumb.j

post-15262-0-39649400-1436081982_thumb.j

In 1973 Ford set out to design and build a new four-door LTD and two-door Landau, described as a 'personal coupe'. Construction was done using the Falcon coupe body, with revised rear side window openings, an LTD front with hide-away headlights and a padded vinyl roof. The rear was slightly altered using a long horizontal joined tail light and indicators.

There are four major external features that differentiate the XA, XB, and XC Hardtop and the Landau.

The original Interceptor was created using a 1973 Ford XB GT Falcon Hardtop (the last pic)

And they are a beautiful car to look at, and ride in, a performance look to them, but with ALL the luxuries available at the time, good luck finding one in Australia even, they are a very rare commodity now days.

Looks nothing like the '71/72 Torinos..... ?

BEF12676-F168-417D-A510-29DEAB1D961D_zps

EF8A4262-6AA4-45AD-84E4-829AD30730C3_zps

FA50BF94-8D16-4B36-8E02-D383E854BBE0_zps

BB39181D-E47D-422A-9F44-8381460B64C6_zps

Yeh.... Ok... ?

I'll start off with this:

2015_SKODA_SUPERB_Combi_OUTDOOR_front_pi

Isn't that just an aesthetically-pleasing design? It's got a lot of character without being too flashy.

What other cars do you wish were in the USA?

Apparently the best you can buy from VAG this days. They always try out the new tech on the Audis and that fail, they start to get it to work when you get it on the VWs but it will still be trouble and by the time they put it on a Skoda it is working perfectly.

Note, this is not my opinion or experience but what I have been hearing from people that got them.

Apparently the best you can buy from VAG this days. They always try out the new tech on the Audis and that fail, they start to get it to work when you get it on the VWs but it will still be trouble and by the time they put it on a Skoda it is working perfectly.

Note, this is not my opinion or experience but what I have been hearing from people that got them.

They all share technology. The MQB platform is the base for the golf (VW) octavia (Skoda) and a4 (Audi) and other cars within each manufacturer. Engine and driveline options are similar and sometimes the same. The octavia RS shares the driveline with the golf GTI. Probably right about the things such as sat Nav etc.

Ben

The big Holden wagons and utes would be nice.

Perhaps Ford could bring the Falcon sedan/wagon dies to North America and build a proper V8-powered RWD car for people who want them. Pick a small plant that might otherwise be closed and use it for limited production vehicles like these. Stretch it and give us back something that bares semblance to a Town Car, too.

I'd like to see the Cruze, Focus and Fusion wagons get green-lighted for American production. Dad and I would probably be up for at least two of the three.

Charlie Larkin

I'll start off with this:

2015_SKODA_SUPERB_Combi_OUTDOOR_front_pi

Isn't that just an aesthetically-pleasing design? It's got a lot of character without being too flashy.

What other cars do you wish were in the USA?

There's also GM's version of the same concept, the Opel Insignia Country Tourer. Theophilus Chin even photoshopped a Buick version (Regal Caballero?)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7394/9736169091_e13bc81573_o.jpg