Model Cars Magazine Forum

IF Revell,Round2 and others would make a few more station wagons. What would you like them to be?

I love wagons in general, so I buy any wagon when I find them. Here is my '57 converted from a 1/25 Jesse James die-cast.

modelpic14.jpg

WOW, Is this the one you started with? If so, I hope mine looks half as good if/when I get around to Snake-slapping it around.

57ChevWagon02.jpg

That's the one! It also came in a different color. I bought one of each. Now I wish I had bought more! One of these days I want to do it up with a roof rack and a bunch of camping gear in the back as if it's headed for Yosemite for a family vacation.

I love wagons in general, so I buy any wagon when I find them. Here is my '57 converted from a 1/25 Jesse James die-cast.

modelpic14.jpg

IMG_1236-vi.jpg

This one came from the Posie's diecast.  It was built by Todd McWilliams, who passed away a year ago. There are a lot of wagons possible if you look at promos, diecast and resin.  For instance that Studebaker Conestoga was done in resin.

Edited by Tom Geiger

or a 69 LTD squire based off the Galaxie kit

CountrySquire_20071113_b-vi.jpg

I could go on but these will do for now. B)

Volvo 145!  :)

Volvo_145_green_vr_TCEsmall_zps056e1947.

Ford Country Squires, Volvo 145 / 245 wagons and a Type 2 VW bus would let me build all the usual vehicles we rode in on school field trips as a child (I grew up in the pre-minivan world).

A 58 Bermuda would be cool, based off the Del Rio tool.

8_edsel_bermuda_station_wagon3-vi.jpg

or a 69 LTD squire based off the Galaxie kit

CountrySquire_20071113_b-vi.jpg

I could go on but these will do for now. B)

Those Two are great ideas. I'd definitely go for the Bermuda in multiples.

For instance that Studebaker Conestoga was done in resin.

The Resin Kit is a Phantom. It uses the '53 Starliner and the Wagon didn't come out until '54 with a different Grill

Ford Country Squires, Volvo 145 / 245 wagons and a Type 2 VW bus would let me build all the usual vehicles we rode in on school field trips as a child (I grew up in the pre-minivan world).

Ed, maybe you're thinking of another kit... I'm talking about the All American 1954 Conestoga.  There may have been a Modelhaus or Flintstone phantom sedan delivery later on 

Ed, maybe you're thinking of another kit... I'm talking about the All American 1954 Conestoga.  There may have been a Modelhaus or Flintstone phantom sedan delivery later on 

Tom,  I just did a quick search and didn't find those kits, Got a Link, 'cause I'm interested in one!!

I would like to see some accurate 1/25th scale woodys. A 1932 Ford (from Revell, to continue their excellent line of Deuces. From AMT (Round 2) I would like to see a 1934 Ford (from their '34 coupe kit), a1936 Ford     woody (from their latest '36 3-n-1 kit. Also a 1938 Ford by any kit maker. None has ever been done (any body style).   Thanks for reading this. Am I alone with these wants?      hack-n-whack

Tom,  I just did a quick search and didn't find those kits, Got a Link, 'cause I'm interested in one!!

Ed-  All American Models hasn't been around in a long time. It was run by Art Anderson who posts on this board.  I still have mine unbuilt in the box.  I guess the way to find one would be to post a search agent on eBay.  That way when one is listed you get an email.   I find AAM things on the 'bay on a regular basis.

Thinking of wagon kits that could be based on existing Revell/Monogram tooling (I'm sadly leaving out AMT/Round 2 since there probably won't be any more new tooling from there), I'd like to see a '59 and/or '60 Chevy, '64 Fairlane (somebody must have built one of these as a drag racer?) and a '67 Dodge Coronet. And I know it's been done in resin already, but after I saw this photo on the H.A.M.B. yesterday, a '50 Olds would be a natural:

11707839_993997943964818_267410902789197

The thing with marketing wagon kits is you could do the stock, cruiser-lowered-with-surfboard-rack and drag versions - bringing back the 3-in-1 idea.

In order of my priority:

I would like to see at least the 65 Pontiac Bonneville, and any of the early 70ish Olds Vista Cruisers. We moved from Ohio to Phoenix AZ in our 65 in 1969, and my dad bought a Vista Cruiser around 1972. Can't for the life of me remember which year. Could have even been a 69. The one from "That 70's Show" is definitely close enough.

And pretty much any of the 60's to mid 70's GM wagons. Also most of the Fords also.

And then all the rest. :D

Russ

Edited by russosborne

modelpic14.jpg

IMG_1236-vi.jpg

This one came from the Posie's diecast.  It was built by Todd McWilliams, who passed away a year ago. There are a lot of wagons possible if you look at promos, diecast and resin.  For instance that Studebaker Conestoga was done in resin.

I have one of those too, somewhere. I never got around to building it though. That looks really good!

I'd like to see of course a '58-'64 Chevy Wagons (Nomad, Brookwood, Kingswood etc). As an owner of a '60 Impala HT, I'd buy lots of those if they were available.

Others I'd like to see would be '80s Chevrolet Caprice STWs. That's just simply because lots of them were imported to Finland when they were new and they are still seen quite often on roads. Plus that it's not a bad looking car either.

'79-'81 Malibu STW would be cool too. Perfect starting point for a Street & Strip car.