Model Cars Magazine Forum

Windows 10

Tesla

They've already released a massive 1GB patch on day one to fix bugs that weren't caught earlier in development. SOP for getting to market on a deadline, ready-or-not.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/microsoft-delivers-a-massive-windows-10-patch-to-fix-early-bugs-1300594

Thanks for this info! I think I'll wait awhile before upgrading...I'm sure more patches will follow soon. Typical Microsoft release:lol:

I'm hesitant to jump right now. I have 7 on my laptop and I love it. I also use 7 at work too. My desktop at home however has 8 and I spend very little time on it. Very little time. 

I'll be watching youtube videos on it before I jump

Not me, and I probably won't either until later this year or early next year. It's been my intention to build a new PC for some time now. I have some of the new parts, but not all, so as I complete the parts purchases, I'll grab whatever OS seems the most logical at that time, and run with it.

Working fine  A couple minor quirks.  Have used MS Edge, but switched back to IE because Norton extensions will not yet work with Edge.  My machine is a WIN 8.1 and I have yet to upgrade my 8.1 notebook or 7 Laptop.  Just want to wait a few days and see if anything freaky happens.

What about IE?  I'm getting an "Important Update" message telling me IE is out of date and I should install an update.  Following my recent malware issues, I'm a little reluctant to jump into this . . . although my current IE isn't working well. 

Anyone have any experience with this 'important update'?

What about IE?  I'm getting an "Important Update" message telling me IE is out of date and I should install an update.  Following my recent malware issues, I'm a little reluctant to jump into this . . . although my current IE isn't working well. 

Anyone have any experience with this 'important update'?

I don't use IE so have no direct info on that, but...

If you get a "notice" or message on your computer that you need to "update" something and you're not sure if the message is valid, go to the source of the software to check for updates.

I.E. if you see a message to update Flash player, go to Adobe.com to get your update, if you see a message to update Explorer, go to Microsoft.

If you click on any link in a questionable update message, you may be inviting malware or a virus to your computer and if you don't keep tools like Malwarebytes and/or Windows Defender active and up to date then you have just caused your own problem.

Also be sure to read through all screens of any software that you install that's free, many include a free search utility that gets embedded in your browser and causes other problems.

In most cases there is no need you any extra "search bar" utility...if you like them that's fine but you may end up having to pay to get them cleaned off your computer.

1. I do notice this site does have some strangeness with Chrome on Windows 10.   When you go to the home page, the 'View New Content' link is gone, and everything displays as one column---the birthdays that used to display in a column on the right are now at the bottom under the list of individual forums.