Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dyno Mav

madhorseman

That is one beautiful model.

I have fond memories of that car. At a race at Acquasco, Md in the '70's, Dyno Don was about to race "Da grump" when his drive line locked up after the initial burnout. Unfortunately the car could not continue, and we pushed the car up on the trailer. Having a pit pass has its advantages.

Thanks Everyone.

Ron Hamilton: That has to be a truly COOL memory!!

Ron (from Michigan): no SOHC motor, I pieced mine together by first buying a built '71 Comet off EBay with the intention of using one of the Maverick resin bodies that are available. I later found what was advertised as a Maverick funny car body, in styrene. So I didnt get a choice of engines and it has a Boss 429.

the original ProStocks, they were the bomb! I just love that you were able to find a Maverick to work with...and ProStock ta boot! I love the idea of the original pro stocks, it captures the ideals of the "run what'cha brung" of the southern match racing, and just plain smack you in the face on what the factory involvement (lack of publicity) played to make ProStock the monster it has become. I still love ProStock, along with ProMod, they remind me of the 60's, wild and crazy creations...love'em. It's all history and nothing will change the fact that there were some wild carz running back then and they're still running now. Good work, nice history.