Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham - Finished

RandyB.

Have to agree with what everyone has said about this build.  It is some outstanding work and the paint is flawless, which is saying a lot for black.  I also have one of these and have been really planning to use it as parts for a couple of customs.  This one may change my mind, but then again, probably not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 10/2/2015 at 1:51 AM, RandyB. said:

Thanks guys! Steven after comparing the size to my reference pics I used, I think it's properly proportioned. Maybe it's me but it looks to be right. The 1957 Eldo 1:1 vehicle was not that long compared to the 1959 Eldo which was long.

1958-cadillac-eldorado-broughamcadillac-

Hi RandyB, in fact this kit is soo poor/old that I decided to put it apart... after all it has one Hubcap (or should I say wheel) missing... and sometimes later I found one Franklin Mint Brougham (almost perfect, that's what they are, almost...) but, in the shelf you don't notice it at all... and mid blue with steel roof, my perfect combination for the most wonderfull modern classic car ever made by humans... But, after reading this thread I decided to compare both models and what did I find: measuring the bodys over the front wheels arches the 1/24 F Mint car is 80.94 mm and the Revell measures 79.22mm; from the front headlights cover to the point of the tail there is a 2mm difference (almost three mm with the chrome part in the F Mint) bigger model, so the Revell car proportions are in fact almost correct, BUT in 1/24 SCALE... the biggest flaw in the kit is, for me, the wheels... If the F Mint wheel diameter is 17,54mm, with a total of 30,43 mm for the tyre (witch I consider to be a correct wheel dimension for the Mint model, comparing it with real cars images, the Revell wheel is bigger, 17,83 mm with a 32,22 mm tyre diameter, clearly oversized when we look for your model side view and compare it with the 3/4 photo above... Now: if you ever find a F. Mint model and put it side by side with your Cadillac, I dare anyone who might have the guts to say the F. Mint is better, or even more perfect that your model ! All we can do is drool when looking to your model's images...

Now I wonder if you can help me to find some proper wheels for a R&R 1/25 resin 1955 Cadillac Coupe DeVille I bought some years ago to an old friend... It needs a styrene platform to fix the MISSING wheels and axes; a steering wheel has also to be found... and a CADILLAC Logos decal sheet is also VERY IMPORTANT... As I live in Europe, I need to find your USA Ali Ba Ba caves with your modellers treasures... and I also have a 1967 Customized Coupe DeVille I bouhgt him (already built) that I would like to "backdate" to its standard version... after some digging in the net I am almost sure it is not a JoHan kit but an AOSHIMA Costumized version, with very different chromed front and rear parts and with Cragar Mags... where could I find the standard front grille and fenders? ( I suppose the Aoshima kit is JoHan copy or borroughed molds)

PS: the F. Mint car in the photos is form internet

Thank you very much

67 Caddy 01.jpg

67 Caddy 02.jpg

Mint 1957 Eldorado 02.jpg

Mint 1957 Eldorado 01.jpg

Years ago I built the Gunze Sangyo 1:32 scale version of that car, and to my eyes it seems to have correct proportions. Actually, this was the first time I ever used BMF. I hope you don't mind me posting its photos here.

Gunze57eldoradoFront.jpg

Gunze57eldoradoRear.jpg

On 6/8/2021 at 2:44 AM, peteski said:

Years ago I built the Gunze Sangyo 1:32 scale version of that car, and to my eyes it seems to have correct proportions. Actually, this was the first time I ever used BMF. I hope you don't mind me posting its photos here.

Gunze57eldoradoFront.jpg

Gunze57eldoradoRear.jpg

On 6/7/2021 at 7:17 PM, chaves pah said:

Hi RandyB, in fact this kit is soo poor/old that I decided to put it apart... after all it has one Hubcap (or should I say wheel) missing... and sometimes later I found one Franklin Mint Brougham (almost perfect, that's what they are, almost...) but, in the shelf you don't notice it at all... and mid blue with steel roof, my perfect combination for the most wonderfull modern classic car ever made by humans... But, after reading this thread I decided to compare both models and what did I find: measuring the bodys over the front wheels arches the 1/24 F Mint car is 80.94 mm and the Revell measures 79.22mm; from the front headlights cover to the point of the tail there is a 2mm difference (almost three mm with the chrome part in the F Mint) bigger model, so the Revell car proportions are in fact almost correct, BUT in 1/24 SCALE... the biggest flaw in the kit is, for me, the wheels... If the F Mint wheel diameter is 17,54mm, with a total of 30,43 mm for the tyre (witch I consider to be a correct wheel dimension for the Mint model, comparing it with real cars images, the Revell wheel is bigger, 17,83 mm with a 32,22 mm tyre diameter, clearly oversized when we look for your model side view and compare it with the 3/4 photo above... Now: if you ever find a F. Mint model and put it side by side with your Cadillac, I dare anyone who might have the guts to say the F. Mint is better, or even more perfect that your model ! All we can do is drool when looking to your model's images...

Now I wonder if you can help me to find some proper wheels for a R&R 1/25 resin 1955 Cadillac Coupe DeVille I bought some years ago to an old friend... It needs a styrene platform to fix the MISSING wheels and axes; a steering wheel has also to be found... and a CADILLAC Logos decal sheet is also VERY IMPORTANT... As I live in Europe, I need to find your USA Ali Ba Ba caves with your modellers treasures... and I also have a 1967 Customized Coupe DeVille I bouhgt him (already built) that I would like to "backdate" to its standard version... after some digging in the net I am almost sure it is not a JoHan kit but an AOSHIMA Costumized version, with very different chromed front and rear parts and with Cragar Mags... where could I find the standard front grille and fenders? ( I suppose the Aoshima kit is JoHan copy or borroughed molds)

Thank you very much

67 Caddy 01.jpg

67 Caddy 02.jpg

Thank you very much

67 Caddy 01.jpg

67 Caddy 02.jpg

Thank you very much

67 Caddy 01.jpg

67 Caddy 02.jpg

Continuing what I was talking about, in this case the 1955 Coupe DeVille wheels, I found this resin Sombrero Hubcaps in the net again (I had it in my eBay "watching list", but the page where it used to be just desapeared... Well, I found this image again, but now it is in a dangerous page, MES Raja Residencial School that leads you to a FNAJVA page where you find this “eMail”: SUUY2020”MSN.COM on ”Contact us”… unfortunately I bought some kits and spares in a similar site two months ago and had to claim trough Paypal the refund of the money I paid them, as the pack that arrived in the end WAS NOT for me, but for some Chinese store in the other side of the city where I live !... BE CAREFULL, as this kind of sites are becoming "plenty"... Does anybody know how to find the AMERICAN modeller who made these Sombrero Hubcaps in the beginning? or where to find simillar ones around?

1 25 resin sombrero hubcaps.jpg