Model Cars Magazine Forum

phantom v-dub p/u from twisted mnd

this is only kit ive actually finished this year...vw is old Brookfield kit...had very simple engine so I added engine from gran tourismo kit...scratchbuilt trailer n p/u bed...cycle is toy modified a bit. I'm especially proud of this one as I designed this in my head in august 2014 while in hospital recovering from a stroke and built this with one hand...was great therapy for left hand/arm which was affected by stroke...biggest problem was that I'm lefthanded so it was slooow going. still cant pour a cup of coffee with lh but can hold dremel and sanding sticks n will continue to build tho I'm probably done using photo etched parts. anyway I know this is not most peoples cup of tea but it was a blast to build. if I can run across a real vw at a reasonable price I may build this in 1 : 1. imo it wud b fun to drive... am a welder by trade as well as having engineering background so I think I cud handle it with my son doing the heavy lifting.

decals 013.jpg

decals 018.jpg

decals 015.jpg

• 2 weeks later...