Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC "COSMIC CHARGER" : On the Workbench 10/14/15 "Outside" finished pictures 12/23/15

John Teresi

It's always great to see John's new project, because even before opening the thread I know it's going to be another one that has to be watched very closely. This is one of those kits that I think I'll never build, but watching you do it is a lot of fun. Start is looking excellent already. Especially that front suspension is going to be spectacular...Keep it coming!

Hello.........thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)......Curt,thank you buddy truly means allot.......small up-date today...........It was a tight fit but,I got a Competition Resins driver inside the cock pit.......I will be working on the engine detail today......thanks for looking

Hello........thank you all very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I did some work on the engine ......I wanted to use some Chrysler Fire Power valve covers......because the kit came with Imperial Valve covers......so I dug out a pair of Chrysler Fire Power valve covers from my parts box and they were to short in length......so I cut out the Chrysler Fire Power logo frome the parts box pair and did the same thing to the kit set and glued in the Chrysler Fire Power onto the kit set.......after a little putty and some fine sanding they will be good enough for the girls I go with.....I also made a throttle linkage .......I used "Pro Tech" throttle linkage parts and used a "Pro Tech" oil filter and I made a  adapter for it.......I think I`m ready to start painting......thanks for looking.

DSCF0818_zpszzyumdq5.jpg

DSCF0819_zpssldqdpfb.jpg

DSCF0820_zpsmazgbxm6.jpg

DSCF0821_zps13rs8coj.jpg

DSCF0837_zps95fibfqg.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Thanks, John... just wanted everyone else who might be wondering to know "how it's done"... :D

Good to know - I was wondering myself. I think I have some of that stuff around - just never thought of using for this purpose.

Glad to see you doing this one, John - I'm sure it's going to be fantastic!