Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC "COSMIC CHARGER" : On the Workbench 10/14/15 "Outside" finished pictures 12/23/15

John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do apppreciate them:).........I finished the body work......got it in primer.......sanded it down......then I airbrushed   H.O.K. Orion Silver Base Coat.......then I masked off a section on the rear top  of the body and painted that H.O.K. Cobalt Kandy Blue.......then I painted the Canopy and Rear top behind the Canopy H.O.K. Kandy Purple.........I airbrushed most of the body H.O.K. Kandy Red with a H.O.K. Cobalt Kandy  fade on the bottom of the body.......I painted the wheel pods H.O.K. Kandy Cobalt Blue with a H.O.K. Kandy Purple fade.......then I added the decals......I will give the the body a clear coat tomorrow .......then I need to sand it down and airbrush a H.O.K. Kandy Green over the green stripe down the middle of the body......to make it pop a little ......I think once the last clear coat is on it will look pretty good........thanks for looking.

Hmmmm, hows does HE do it?  Oh never mind.  I knew the paint on this car would be great and you didn't disappoint.  Of your many skills John, I'd have to say I think your painting skills are some of the best.  Nicely done sir.  Tim

John..... you are one Bad A$$.painter my friend. That thing looks killer and I know it's going to pop even more once you get the clear on it. I camt wait to see what it looks like out in the sun. You better put your shades on B). I can't wait to see tue paint finished on this.  This will be toie secind model finished in 2-3 weeks.... you animal... lol

Johnny boy - I really shouldn't be surprised by any of your paint creations but you blow my doors off every time. That ROCKS!!

How about I share with you my straight axle details and you share painting with me? You are the Jedi Master Painter. That's Painter with a P.  LOL