Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Satellite

Mopar - D

This is the new Moebius 65 Plymouth Satellite. I'm going with a yellow gold (HH1) with a white top and black interior. Going with the factory stock build on this one. So far I've installed the front and rear panels and the front iner fender walls before spraying. Here's my progress so far. I BMF the emblems before spraying the yellow gold and then I rubbed it off  

Anthony I place the BMF on after I primer and clean off the paint after each coat with either a tooth pick soaked in paint thinner or the new BMF scribe that I received at the Austin model show. It's nylon stick with beveled ends. I clear coat after cleaning off the paint. 

Thanks for the comments so far everything is fitting together good. 

I have a Question. What color was the 426 Wedge in 65. I've seen Hemi Orange and have reference with turquoise and Moebius has Blue. I think it should be the Hemi Orange.  

In researching, as best as I could determine, I found that Chrysler Engine Blue was the color.  Does not appear Turquoise but Testor's Engine Blue seems darker than photos.

1965-Plymouth-Fury-695473-12-sm.jpg