Model Cars Magazine Forum

1954 Chevy 210 Sedan

Dominik

Here i will show you my 1954 Chevy 210 Sedan (no Bel Air as written before - thanks Steve, Mike!) . its the old Revell Kit, out of the "Hot Rod"-issue with three Chevys (1954, 1955 and 1957). terrible.....after some brainwork and about one week working on it, i feel o.k. with the result.

All rust is painted with airbrush, no rustholes or anything similar. the rusty paintjob needs a fast hour.

I only wanted the weathered look outside. Interieur, engine and bottom is "Stock new". Lowered the suspension, rims are from his Bro (a 51 Bel Air who will follow next here), wheels from my 57 Ford Fairlane. Thats all.

Here we go with the pictures.

CIMG151101_021.jpg

CIMG151101_034.jpg

CIMG151101_036.jpg

CIMG151101_037.jpg

bad shot on the interieur

CIMG151101_044.jpg

CIMG151101_041.jpg

CIMG151101_042.jpg

Comments welcome, feel free to say what you think

Edited by Dominik

A friend of mine had a 52 - 54 Chevy (I forget which year) in those same colors,  in about that same rusty patina condition. His had rust streaks coming down from the chrome strip, as the chrome clips always rusted behind the trim.  His was a four door sedan and he had nice mag wheels on it.  The perfect patina rod!   He used to take his kids out for ice cream in it during the summer.   I can almost smell the aging vinyl interior!

I'm really not a big fan of "patina rods" but I gotta say, that's about the best build of that kit I've seen yet !

[Mike's right though, that's a 210, BelAirs were the top level Chevys and had the wide trim on the back with contrasting paint color inside.]

Thank you very much for comments, I appreciate it.

it was a "quick built" because there are a lot of fittingproblems. some day, i quit when there is toooo much to change...and this one is defenly one to quit.

Andy, your asked, why i didn't trim out the stainless stone guards on the quarters. i think you mean the parts in front of the rear wheelhouses? don't know exactly why...but i think, it was the frustration with handling bmf on it (think the foil was to old, won't adhere) and the i took the airbrush to come down with my temper.:angry:

About the "Bel Air", you are right. i took a look on the box and they say only "54 Chevy". i change the title ;)

Nice job on a kit that's no picnic to work with.

And I echo what someone else said about your restraint on the rust, very well done without going too far.

I had a '54 Chevy in high school. It was a 150, even plainer than your 210. Only cost $50, those were the days.