Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks to AMT/MPC

I understand that the manufacturers keep an eye on forums like this in order to get feedback.I wanted to thank the guys who made the decision to release the old van models. I would like to see tons of brand new issues every year just like the old days, but I realize that that is not feasible in the current market. That being said, I appreciate the chance to go back and buy new issues of kits that I butchered as a child. I just bought the MPC Dodge Van today. I'll get another couple when they restock. I'm like a model kit Prepper. I buy kits and then store them away for when the modeling Armageddon strikes. It looks just like the one I bought at Woolworth's when I was in school. I already have 3 of the AMT Chevys and several of the 1976 Fords as well. Since the tooling seems in good condition I would ask them to look into reissuing the window versions of these kits. Dare I hope that the 1976 Datsun pickup tooling might still be usable? I built and destroyed more than 5 of these over the years. I would love to have one with the stock building option. How about the Dodge pickup restored to its 1972 configuration?  That's just the pickup and vans not to even go into the cars such as MPC's Camaro and Firebirds in all their mid 70s glory or the Caprice in its original 1971 version. Sorry, I was getting greedy. Anyway I really do appreciate what the companies are doing.

Van.JPG

van1.jpg

van2.jpg

van3.jpg

Edited by oldcarfan

I too would love to see all of AMT's and MPC' vans reissued in their original windowed version. The Chevy Open Road is one of my holy grail kits. But, both the MPC Dodge and Ford vans back to their factory windowed passenger van versions would be very cool too.

Edited by unclescott58

As to back-dating the 76 Caprice to 71 Specs.

If they did that, it would be an IMPALA, Not Caprice!!

763 was the First year the Big Chevy Annual became a Caprice

I Have the Blue 72 In my collection "IMPALA":

Yes, they Could do the Caprice for those years, But if done as "Retro-Deluxe"

and Identical to Original the 70-72's would be Impala's.

I would Love for them to do the 70 Impala Convertible kit again.

Wish I could find Mine!!!

Got a FEW parts, but......................................

Tooling may have been used in the Dodge Monster truck also...

The basics should be there, and the monster stuff was added. Look at the Firestones Ford, it became Bigfoot and the Destroyer but came back as the Firestone version. Same with the 72 Blazer. It was the Thunderbolt.

I'd love to see the Dodge also.

The basics should be there, and the monster stuff was added. Look at the Firestones Ford, it became Bigfoot and the Destroyer but came back as the Firestone version. Same with the 72 Blazer. It was the Thunderbolt.

I'd love to see the Dodge also.

I would love to see those Dodge LWB pickups make a comeback. I have one in my stash to build some time..

Id LOVE to see these back....

71-76 Dodge van kits

70s Chevy open road camper van

71-75 Dodge long bed pickups..2wd or 4x4 option

I have the Dodge window van and Chevy camper van but they both need parts and work...Thanks AMT/MPC for the great kits love to see some more...

69 Impala

67-69 Bonnevilles and 70 HT

69-72 Grand Prix

and others from our childhood days...cant tell me they would not sell...:)