Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

How do you pick which model you will work on next

I usually try to go off of what the theme is for each month for the club I'm in. But not always. Other times it's something that I've owned so long I'm sick of not seeing it built. Or something that grabs my interest and doesnt let go. Other times it's something I see on TV or a movie... or heck, even just driving down the road!

So all in all... its pretty random for me. 

Since I Primarily devote my model activity to dioramas now ,models are picked to work with whatever building I'm doing.Currently, I'm doing a 1920  Marland oil store that was built in Manchester Virginia  .I'll be showing it as a 1923 era project....................

This topic poses an interesting question.  I can relate to most of the guys who've replied.

1st off, I've re-entered car modeling just recently and I thought I had a road map.  While finishing up one project, the next one was already looming in the background.  That's changed.

It was like a slap in the face.  Now I know what the next one will be. 

To say I pick ONE model to work on next seems a bit crazy.  I have at least 3 projects I'm continuously working on. a few more that I"m also "working" on. If I get bored, it goes back into the box and on the shelf. But like many have already posted, I might see something in a magazine or something on the road and I wonder if I could build something similar or it gives me ideas for later.