Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats new for 2016?

37 caddy

As for trucks (big rigs and trailers), Generally for Italeri and Revell, the new kits would be announced at the 2016 Spielwarenmesse toy trade show in Nuremberg, Germany at the end of January and more details at the 2016 American International Toy Fair in New York in mid February.

I'm hoping Italeri has some new subjects to announce since it's be a while since they offered any new
American truck subjects.

I don't mind seeing it come back, just thought it was odd. I don't think any of the other Round 2 truck re-issues have had a second run. I would have thought one of the older reissues like the Astro (2008?) would have come around a second time before such a recent reissue. Maybe you are right that this one sold better than expected.    

I, for one, am ecstatic to see the Papa truck coming around. Ive been wanting a K100 but refuse to pay the fee-bay prices. With the news of the rerelease of the WWS, then there's some remaining hope that we may see the R model again. I missed the boat the last time and I sure do regret it. I dont have the heart to break into my one and only red R model without hopes of a return....

I can't imagine why we wouldn't see the R model again, they seem to be going through every tooling they have in their inventory. I'd wager within the next few years we see every big truck they can cobble together trotted back out, Autocar, Transtar II, 2974, Cruiseliner, all of them.

I can't imagine why we wouldn't see the R model again, they seem to be going through every tooling they have in their inventory. I'd wager within the next few years we see every big truck they can cobble together trotted back out, Autocar, Transtar II, 2974, Cruiseliner, all of them.

That would be a dream come true. DM800 would be great as well.

Ben

I think it would depend on licensing. Personally speaking, I think the re-issues hurt the possibility of seeing new kits hitting the shelves. We don't need re-issues, we need more new stuff like Moebius has given us. 

They don't hear you.

Most of these people that build trucks on this web site are casual truck builders any way.

They basically build trucks as back drops or as a complement to their cars.

There are other web sites for the serious big rig builders.

I agree with this, 100%

I can fully understand that some of the vintage AMT truck kits have a "nostalgic attraction". Kits like the Autocar Dump, Mack R model, Little Window Pete and KW 925 will always be highly sought after and I don't have a problem with that. However, when the re-issues flood the market it makes it very hard to sway that casual truck builder towards a new current truck that has a higher price, and this is what hurts the serious truck guys. Stop living in the past guys, those 40 year old AMT trucks fit like BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH when they were new, and they aren't any better now. 

Round 2's business model is built on reissues, so I can't imagine they will do anything buy reissues for the foreseeable future...

I've bought the new Moebius kits, not just big rigs but everything automotive they've done and all they need to do to get me to buy more semi kits is to put them out. Me buying reissues doesn't keep me from buying new kits if they're out there. I don't see how people buying reissued semi truck kits hurts the market, if anything it should show that there is a customer base for big truck kits in general. Round2 is not going to do anything new any time soon but buying their reissues, which are new to me as most haven't been out in my life time, will hopefully fund new kits in the future.

I've bought the new Moebius kits, not just big rigs but everything automotive they've done and all they need to do to get me to buy more semi kits is to put them out. Me buying reissues doesn't keep me from buying new kits if they're out there. I don't see how people buying reissued semi truck kits hurts the market, if anything it should show that there is a customer base for big truck kits in general. Round2 is not going to do anything new any time soon but buying their reissues, which are new to me as most haven't been out in my life time, will hopefully fund new kits in the future.

Well Said! I have some moebius kits, just not big rigs because i dont like modern trucks, im just not that into them, especially the aerodynamically styled trucks lime the prostar and lonestar, and i am in no way a casual truck builder, thats basically all i build, old iron's what flips my trigger so i for one am ecstatic about round 2's reissues.

Edited by guitarsam326