Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 charger gasser , final assembly

crazyrichard

New to this forum, and have to say I am a bit stunned by some of the work on here! Your interior is awesome, thinking that that beautiful cage should not get painted black like a lot seem to, it really pops in the red, would not look too out of place either?

Cool build.

thnx !! well with time you improve , its only a couple of years ago when i build stuff and cut corners on realism .. every build you kind of grow and if you get the drive to ad more and more detail and realism ... i myself got inspired by others on this forum , you see so much cool stuff and that inspires you ...and for me seeing other peoples builds helped me improve ....

You have some great techniques Richard. I love the medical tape on the seats!

Nice save on the glue bomb this car once was.

Rob

thnx ! yes that workes great and yes it was .. man when i look back i think pfffttt :) but its also fun to save a $%%%% up kit like that and it was free ... and the dutch love free stuff hahaha we are known for it lol

its great weather here , suddenly it seems like spring and tons of sun and light .. so i could shoot some better pics of the seats , more how they look irl

and the console with the hurst shifter mounted .. cool because its fairly simple to make , just a pain putting it together due to the size .. but i can make more on future builds ... maybe try different styles , like the pistol grip and other styles .. maybe one time do a full box with the wires and shift indicator and all

the stuff in the tub

with the steering wheel you see proportions are pretty good ..i think :)

Very impressive work, definitely a nice resurrection project. Im actually just starting on a 67' GTX I bought on Ebay in a similar state as your Charger was in the beginning, Cant wait to see more progress.

thnx mark .. 67 gtx = cool .. i need to biuld some more musscle cars myself ....:)

thnx guys and no problem rob thats why i posted it :) , just saw a guy in holland use the technique this week on a subaru inprezaa interiour , looked very nice and he was happy :)

and thnx gene !!

atm i'm making one new doorpanel .. thats the thing with a put tohether self made interiourtub , its never all straight and the same at both sides , so i made the panels hug the top of the doors and all the boxing in the interiour , in the progress missed that i made one slighly different , ten when i put the aluminium panels on i saw one was so much bigger then the other ..

so now i have a new one and primered .. made the bigger one smaller .. pics wil follow

chosen the fianl steering wheel , looked at gasser steering wheels and this one looked nce but better yet was white plastic ..

i saw lots of white edged and chrome centered steering wheels in gassers and i liked it because it will match the hurst shifter knob ..

so i sanded the edge of the wheel , then clear coated it so it shined .. then painter the ceter chrome

painted the steering column chrome

now i drilled a quite big hole in the center , with this reason a chrome hollow bead fits in there .. i kind of liked the look , makes it look a bit more realistic in a way with the edge .. inside the hole of the bead i want to make a cap later

i also tryed a small white plastic strip between the alu panel and the black top of the doorpanel and that looked great .. so i will work on that later , again then the whole theme will be chrome , white and black ...

now i'm really thinking about doing the whole roll cage chrome ????

yes they are , mainly black and silver tones .. i want to do the floor black with carpet , the boxes behind the seat cloth and black but leave all the round edges i put on smooth .. so the same difference in smooth and cloth as on the seats and console .. so yes mybe the cage in chrome would look way better then in a solid color ..

and well sometimes its just trying to use all sorts of tuff you wont think about .. i always scout for parts .. small parts like rings and washers , springs .. maybe out of broken apliences or just old toys .. always handy to have all sorts of tiny rings and bushes and what not ..

the beads in the center of the steering wheel i found in al store where you can buy knick nacks for in a around the house .. they also have shelfs with like womans hobby supplies .. to make jewelry and stuff ...

steering wheel and column are married !

then worked on the dash panel , kept it simple in shape , like a self fabricated dash panel , imo this fits nice with the gasser theme and the cage ..

made room for 3 gauges in the dash , will place glass behind and then the gauges ...

the rest of the gauges like a tacho and a pod for 3 gauges will be fitted separate ..

a lot of thinking about what needs to be painted and in what way i will glue it in place oon final assembly , dash is painted ..
did black on rough primer to resemble skai leather look .. made brackets on the back that slide in a piece under the dash so i can glue it there

here with a angle so you can see the "glass" on the gauges ,, its thin clear sheet

hard to get good pics in evening light gauges are more detailed then the pic show , put a charger decal on the right , kept the dash super simple , the rest will be loose gauges

now thats done i can move on to the underside and barke and fuel lines and primer on the body and floor , interiour needs carpet on the floor and parcel shelf

started on the flip front hinge ,, actually got it in 15 minutes , rough draft .. the white bar will become one piece with the bumper with openings for the steel bar so it will look way different from this , whole nose needs a lot of work still

then like this a double hinge , so before tilting it can move a tad forward and clear the body and firewall and doors

thnx guys !!

gene i want to stick the front clip to the body and tape it tightly against the body .. so that thats perfectly level and all lines are good .. then glue the bottom rod to the chassis ... then i should be able to get the front clip against the body perfect .. now then i need to make some plates where the front clip rest on at the firewall and make some sort of construction where i can put pins in to hold it in place .. at the same time make those looke like those hoodpins .. or fasteners ..

daylight pic of the dash , together with the seats , center console , steering wheel , cage and one doorpanel

6d71b750807d2a6895f50524901e5e38.jpg

here is the whole shabam together .. now all my pics of the interiour have been close ups so the cage might came aross a bit thick .. but actually seen from a normal distance nd with things like the body and front clip close by you see it should not have been much thinner ...

and whell when you go into the wall and on your roof you want some stirdy material right hahaha

601bb17c62d5762a1530dd0e3e6477e9.jpg

Edited by crazyrichard