Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 charger gasser , final assembly

crazyrichard

made the throttle cable and valve thing .. now i kind of winged it .. it was a bit hard to make something like with a steel bar and several shapes ...

start .. man that was tiny lost the part 2 times ...

on the engine / carb with a cable , i hope to find a very small diameter hollow black wire to partial give it a mantle

with some chrome on the valve

powerboostvale painted chrome , i want to do a test with clear red over the chrome to try and mimick a red anodized look

just a shot with a few interiour parts next to it

thnx guys !! and gergo .. you can use ides and copy no problem ... go for it :)

just came home and looked in my wirebox .. and found hollow black wire .. the steel throttle cable fits exactly inside so now its got a outer skin ..

maybe i will try to make a braket where the cable is mounted in so there is tention it it could be pulled ..

now i already have a much better idea for the whole throttle and cable and spring mount .. but i will keep this one as is and do that on a next build .. sometimes when you make stuff afterwards you get better idea's .. this i kind of winged and made my own out of my mind version .. now when looking at pics i think it can be more realistic in the future ..

but that said my firts ever throttle .. so ...i'm still happy

maybe i'm becoming a bit ocd ?? lol

after some research i realized there is a vacuum line from the carb thingy to the carb .. so made a hole and a line ...

added 2 small oil filler caps ....need to make a dip stick still but cant decide on the location .....(tips are welcome where to put it , left or right .. i think right side > drivers side)

also added a ring on the throttle cable near the carb ..

1/25 .. man some parts i really struggled to get glued on and a bit of swearing sometimes ..

ps if somebody had any idea's if and where i could add electrical wires ?? yes the alternator will get some .. battery would sit in the trunk , no room for that

thnx bob !!

today i made the powerboostvalve gauge ..

now those are always small so i had to think how to make that .....i used a ballpoint penn filling hollow with the correct inside diameter and a not to thick edge ..

put on a wooden stick

cut to size so the gauge face will sit sunken in the meter housing

then lost the white gauge .. could not find it .. so used a black one

turned into this .. its soft plastic and i could not get the edge smooth , bit rough but that only shows on macro pics

loose on the firewall , will sit more against the firewal with the hosed guiden with clamps etc ....

did some minou work to the throttle

If only the original builder could see it now...

you mean jim evans ?? if so well thats the fun part ... when i already made the flip front and went this way so after that i found a few small pics of that charger ...sadly i never found any engine pics of that car ...it wont be ike a rebuild of that ..the whole build is just winged and design wise just going freehand ...

but it would be cool yes .. if you mean him ?? :)

made a small wireloom for the starter and alternator , thin wirelook to run them , would need thicker cable for power and mass

lead the loom in the firewall glued in a hollow rod so it slides in there when putting the engine in , together with the throttle cable ..like  puzzle

did more work on the tiny fuell pressure gauge ...looks way better now has several coats of clear on the gauge face redid the chrome edge

wireharnas from the bottom

yes got a radiator fitted that at the same time hides the hinge on the chassis side .. the hinge will go over and past the radiator , so radiator is fixed to the chassis and the hinge works

you wil see part of the radiator sticking out under the front and will be visible and catches wind there  , i will make a frame with mesh for protection

the radiator itself is a base i will make it thicker and more realistic , just using it as a base

here is a quick low res phone movie .. where it sits against the doors when closed i will make a catch system and then lock it with 2 pins .. a bit like irl ...