Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is this too many models

When I was younger, I used to think you could never have too many model kits. My late wife never complained about my collection and contributed to it whenever she could. Now that I am back building models after a 10 year or so hiatus, I do think I have too many kits. Never going to get them all built. Your collection looks small to me so I would say no, you do not have too many models. Build,build,build!

Jesse-

The mutual friend that you talk of(yes he is real)  had models every where.  All the cabinets in the kitchen.  Heck he even had an oven full of them.  The fire department told him he had to do something when they came on an emergency and couldn't him out.  I loved him as a modeler, but he was a model hoarder extraordinaire, not to mention a craftsman.  We will just leave the name out of this out of respect.

You just have to ask yourself, if you are OK with what you got, then no harm no foul.  I personally do not have but about 20 kits now.  Sold and gave away nearly 90% of my stash.  Being crippled and getting on in the years, made me realize I had to much.  Have fun.

No ! but you need to clean them up as i'm sure the ones on the bottom are getting crushed . Lucky your darlin wife hasnt seen my collection , we both be in trouble . Tell her you could sell them all and buy alcohol , what a party .