Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Grumpy's toy Camaro

mikemopar70

Hi folks!

Here is my only completion of 2015, the Revell kit wit lots of litle mods here and there, like the rear suspension with new shocks made from aluminium tubing, tires and wheels kitbashed from AMT and decals from Slixx..

DSCN0236.thumb.JPG.8f7de1baa8b8715a73aa4 Another view from the front, and yes the grille is incomplete, i'm not satisfied with it and will buy a new kit to replace the wasted one!!

DSCN0237.thumb.JPG.4bce81976f786367b9c4a

The kit build up pretty well and i enjoyed it a lot, i now respect modelers who builds race car replicas a lot more...

now i hope that 2016 will be more productive!!!

Thank's

Edited by mikemopar70

I'm a huge Grump fan. I'm trying to nitpick your build and having a hard time of it. Looks like you were going for the car as it raced at the '67 NHRA Nationals (large Valvoline decal on front fender). Nicely done!

Here's the picure that inspired my build!!

426834-98692-Jenkins.thumb.jpg.20f8a912d 

Thanks for the comment!!

Thank's everyone for the kind comments,

I can say that racing cars replicas modelers have all my respect now.

This build made me realize that finding all the right parts to build such a replica is far from easy, some have even been scratchbuilt..

But it was so fun, i have to repeat this soon, maybe with a Mopar...

Mike 

Here's the picure that inspired my build!!

426834-98692-Jenkins.thumb.jpg.20f8a912d

Thanks for the comment!!

A similar photo--obviously made at the same time, but slightly different angle and placement of Grump--was the basis of my comment. In my pic, it's difficult to see if the car had the rear spoiler or not at that time. In yours it's clear that it didn't. Oh well, Grump added that later--maybe even before the famous lettering went on the front fenders. B)

wow, your model look really good, an i think it is more accurate than mine, because the version i based mineshould not have blacked out rockrr panel and spoiler...

I'm a huge Grump fan. I'm trying to nitpick your build and having a hard time of it. Looks like you were going for the car as it raced at the '67 NHRA Nationals (large Valvoline decal on front fender). Nicely done!

in fact, i based my build on pictures on the Slixx decals sheet package and a black and white photo on the internet.. it may not be 100% accurate

Very nice build! I really enjoyed building mine as the earlier version, but I do want to build this one with the blacked out rockers and the spoiler

IMG_20141217_063507_zps0a46a074.jpg

I'd never noticed the blacked out rocker panels before but you're right--Grump did that at some point, prolly in '68. And prolly at the same time that he painted the rear pan (below the bumper) black, too, which it wasn't originally.

When I do this car, I think I'm gonna do it as an A/MP in '68. If I can't figger out how to fix the Revell body to my satisfaction, I'll base it on the AMT kit.