Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lonestar Car Hauler

Finally got this one done....Now I can get to my BiRBO !!! I had a blast building this one, for sure....I had a few issues, but overall, this project was just too much fun.....I loaded it up with 4 models I did a while ago, with the exception of the Camaro ZL-1 and the Chrysler.....I JUST finished the Camaro, today and the Chrysler a couple weeks ago.....Two die cast models were thrown into the mix (2 orange mustangs).....I was surprised at how strong the trailer is after I glued the upper ramps together.....Supports everything on it's own.....I also added some tool boxes to it.....It didn't look quite right until I installed them.....Then it all came together.......Anyway....Here are the pics......I hope y'all enjoy them....

018_zpst8fyf3hk.jpg

026_zpsdm6dqvdk.jpg

023_zpsybkm6ygt.jpg

019_zpss07hk9fn.jpg

050_zps0dt1zrpw.jpg

072_zpszdtheuj4.jpg

002_zpssdzk5cpy.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Wow man, this is real heavy duty building.  Looks great!  Why all orange? 

Thanks, Guys.....Ask anybody.....It's my trade mark.....Seriously, I started painting stuff orange after I found a case of it at the dollar store.....It looked good, and it just took off from there...... ;) Just found some Krylon in a little bit lighter orange there....Bought another 9 cans....

Edited by kilrathy10

Well done, JT.  Man, that's a lot of orange!  Where did you get the 1/25 motorcycles?

Jim, Italeri has/had several trucks with racing trailer in different liveries - some of them included a metal/plastic model of a racing bike:

here is Valentino Rossi's 500 cc world championship contender from 2000/2001 (Honda NSR)