Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eric Goodrich`s:: "IRON LUNG" - On the Workbench 2/8/16

John Teresi

John, Your attention to and skill adding detail makes following your builds a pure pleasure, and those Lights add a new dimension. FWIW you could replace those wires with ones of a much smaller gauge which would make it a lot easier to hide when you're finished.

Edited by Crazy Ed

John... Killer work my friend. This thing is insane!!! You know if you finish this one by this weekend or before you could start another model and have it built in time for the DSC....      Since when did you start painting your finger nails?? I that a Cali thing.... 

As usual you do incredible work.... I can't wait to see what else you do to this build...  

RE: Thumbnail. I'm thinking, "hammer impact reduction device".

Bro. Thinking out loud. Have you tried a diffuser for the brake lights? They are a little bright and a roughed up piece of acetate between the light and the lense might knock down the glare and spread the light more evenly across the lense.

That's an old Starship modeler trick.

awsome !! tasty !! insane job !! love it !!! the craftmenship and detail in this is stunning !!! paint > whow ..... real fan of your work !!

can i talk about one small thing i keep thinking about ?? not ment offensive !! i feel when looking at the original thats more slanted forward .. this one backwards ..its not that i dislike it .. it kind of almost gives it a funky mixed look of a showrod vs gasser .. its also looking real wide in the front and narrow in the back

again i really dont dislike the look but lookin at the original its got a more narrow track in front and wider in the back .. and sitting more level ....again just a thought i had not ment in a bad way :)

I've got to agree with Richard, stellar paint and detailing on this build, John. Love the lights!

But if there was anything you could do to fix the stance to a forward, hot rod style rake like the 1/1 it would improve the basic look of the model significantly. In hot rods and customs "stance is everything!"

I'm assuming the proportional differences between the model and the prototype were driven by the oversize bubble you had to work with.

Wow oh wow John.  Another Teresi special.  How did you do the the cheater slicks btw or did you get them from a kit somewhere?  cheers, tim

Hi Tim........I sent a pair of AMT re-issue slicks to my friend  Ken Cornett and he turned the groves on the tires with his lathe......thanks

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do apprecite them:).......I got the headers on and wraped them with medical tape.........I used a "Pro Tech" gas cap......I made some side emblems and painted them Alclad.......I made some seats and painted them with H.O.K. Orion Silver and I also made a console and painted Alclad.......I used flocking for the carpet and I also made the bubble top ring and switches for the bubble top.........now all I need to do is add the bubble top ,steering wheel and master brake cover and antennas.........then I will start on the base ......thanks for looking