Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stewart Haas Going To The Dark Side?

I prefer to thinking of them embracing the Force and going to the right side. That said,  I was shocked to read this yesterday as they have such a close alliance with Hendrick's operation. But like Andy said, basically follow the money. There must have been a pile of money offered up by Ford. I'm a bit surprised the Ford alliance is with Roush instead of Penske who's fielded the most successful Fords over the last couple of years.

Its pretty simple, this was a business decision , and my guess is Ford  going to give them more support than they are getting from Chevy,  and as long they stay with Hendrick, they will always come second,  same reason why FRR left Chevy to go to Toyota, Chevy was not giving them the the same support as HMS

The Dark Side is considered a good side in NASCAR history and spans from 1948 to 1972 when the cars were stock cars based and modified from real cars and not the far from stock cars totally manufactured by the race teams as they are now. :rolleyes:
But most of the racing teams are "prostitutes" and will go to the manufacturer who pays the most or get the most out of, so it has to be a business decision if it's true.
I do own a Ford but right now but I root for Dale Jr in a Chevy when it comes to NASCAR.

Edited by Force

Its pretty simple, this was a business decision , and my guess is Ford  going to give them more support than they are getting from Chevy,  and as long they stay with Hendrick, they will always come second,  same reason why FRR left Chevy to go to Toyota, Chevy was not giving them the the same support as HMS

Bingo.......from my days in NASCAR I can tell you the Chevy brass consider Hendrick as #1 team WAY ahead of #2 Childress. So you can be a distant #3 or maybe #4 or you can go to Ford who has adopted the Toyota model of 'one team' method.  

That said Harvick will take over the #5 2017 at HMS.....mark my words.  He has said some bad things about Ford and doubt he will ever drive one.

I think you are on to something here Dave, as Harvick is signed only through this season with SHR, and I have wondered how Kasey Kahne has held on to his job at HMS all these years when his results have been less than ideal. Granted, Dale Jr. hasn't fared well either, but Rick Hendrick knows that Jr. brings sponsorship dollars and fan attention.

As being involved directly in NASCAR 1983 - 1999 I know for a fact which side is the darkside and which the light.

That said Harvick will take over the #5 2017 at HMS.....mark my words.  He has said some bad things about Ford and doubt he will ever drive one.

Well, not to say you are wrong , but as of right now, it sounds like Harvick is going to stay at SHR, of course, things can and always do change ,  but I will say this, I think this is going to be a make it or lose it year for Kasey,  he is signed through 2018, but I get the feeling that if Chase out runs him the rest of the year like he did today,  Kasey might be out of a ride at the end of the year.   But again, that all depends on a lot of variables so.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2016/02/26/kevin-harvick-has-no-plans-leave-shr-after-switch-ford/80978336/

I agree with the money theory. Tony left Joe Gibbs Racing when they switched to Toyota. At that time Tony said it was because he wanted to stay with Chevrolet. How true that was is any ones guess. Tony had used Chevrolet engines in all of his sprint cars and other forms of racing for years, so this may have been true. I can see where he may be on a more level playing field with Ford, but it still is about the money. He really should look to some better qualified drivers going forward if he ever expects his team to really be competitive in the future.  

I hope like $#%^ IT is Not moving to Hendrik!!!!

Bad enough having that other Cheater Jr there

Might as well change the name to dei!!!

As to Brand on the things

They should Dump ALL and just call them nascar!!

NO True Detroit manufacturers Left in there

everything is All Generic anyway!!!!!!!!

As a Chevy fan, I am not crazy about this, but Ford had to do something to address the competitive imbalance they face.  Penske is the only competitive team they have.  Roush has been on life support for several years now.  I really do not see a turn around with the drivers they have and none of the top drivers who have expiring contracts want to go there.  Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy the talent than to try and develop it yourself.