Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Camaro My way... pretty and mean

Kmb0319

I know there's been a lot of these posted... Tyrone just posted an amazing build of this kit... but I had one more.  When I built the Better Off Dead Camaro, I ruined the hood in the midst of the build.  I didn't want to wait weeks for a replacement part, so I just bought another 67 Camaro.  When building the BOD car, I used a resin RS grill I purchased from ebay, which looked great and was the proper piece for that car, but wasn't what I would have preferred.  That got me thinking... the BOD car was my wife's all-time dream car.  While I loved it, would it be my ultimate Camaro?  So, I got to thinking about it, and decided to do my dream version.

I prefer the open headlight look on the early Camaros to the RS grill... just my preference.  I love the 67 nose stripe, so I have to have that.  There's nothing like a beautiful black car, but something about those fender haunches have always looked best to me in one of those beautiful 60s rich colors.  But, it had to be a little mean-looking... preferably with larger rear tires and I've always loved the idea of bare rally wheels to give the car some menace.

• Wired the engine and installed battery cables
  • Found resin bare Rally wheels on ebay, painted them with MM aluminum metalizer
  • White interior, with body color dash face and tops of inner door panels
  • used the same tire combo as my BOD build, but brought the rear end down a bit over those tires
  • After researching colors, the color that just talked to me was Tahoe Turquoise.  Found a Duplicolor GM turquoise that matched extremely well
  • No rear spoiler, as I like that look better.  Also, had I used almost any other color, I would have done the SS black taillight panel.  I just didn't like it for this build

So this is my dream 67 Camaro....  hope you like it:

67_Camaro_33.thumb.jpg.6437d5c39df125b8c

67_Camaro_34.thumb.jpg.7dd22e2073f0f2f9b

67_Camaro_35.thumb.jpg.2ecb4d8722e198b3d

67_Camaro_37.thumb.jpg.00190e1fdcf3e40ad67_Camaro_36.thumb.jpg.b06d946c4b7cb0ed5

67_Camaro_38.thumb.jpg.e4c83410df8f703c867_Camaro_39.thumb.jpg.51634a93e97a5956a

Back in the garage, check under the hood...

67_Camaro_41.thumb.jpg.1d98bc16eaa2209de

67_Camaro_42.thumb.jpg.4f803df1ff4353e21

OK, put it away with its twin:

67_Camaro_45.thumb.jpg.3d288db5c00f83017

BTW, the hood wasn't quite down... that's my fault.  Didn't want to get a fingerprint on it for pics, but it pushes into place.