Model Cars Magazine Forum

Odd Revell GT auction, $70?

My bet, this one is a scam. Seller likely had one of the ones from the Auto Show that was stamped on the bottom of the chassis. I don't see any stamp on the pics listed in the auction and the bags look just like the retail kit ones I have. I'd post a comparison pic but I've already opened mine up. I saw one of the Auto Show ones on Ebay a couple of weeks ago go for around $70 US so my guess is this seller is trying to rip someone off.

David

Here is a good one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291025513310

That seller has been re-listing this same item (at the same price)  for over a year (probably more like 2 years now). No bites yet. I once contacted them and asked why is their model worth so much more than the dozens of the same model on eBay which usually sell for between $10-$30 they didn't reply. Obviously they are looking for a sucker who doesn't know better and who will dish out $130 for a small diecast model.  There is plenty of similar examples of this on eBay. Sellers looking for suckers.

Here's a listing for one of the NAIAS Ford GT's. Second pic shows the stamp for the Auto Show kits. The listing in the original post doesn't have the stamp as far as I can see so the seller has definitely grabbed a retail box and opened it up and is trying to pass it off as one from the Auto Show circuit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-GT-1-25th-scale-2016-NORTH-AMERICAN-INTERNATIONAL-AUTO-SHOW-Detroit-Auto-S-/162018315740?hash=item25b90b4ddc:g:HqoAAOSwX~dWnVq6

Here is a good one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291025513310

That seller has been re-listing this same item (at the same price)  for over a year (probably more like 2 years now). No bites yet. I once contacted them and asked why is their model worth so much more than the dozens of the same model on eBay which usually sell for between $10-$30 they didn't reply. Obviously they are looking for a sucker who doesn't know better and who will dish out $130 for a small diecast model.  There is plenty of similar examples of this on eBay. Sellers looking for suckers.

I like how many people love to put "rare" in their auctions (funnily enough, this specific auction doesn't, but my point still stands)..."rare" doesn't immediately make something valuable...just as often as not, "rare" means "undesirable." Anyway, I love to make lowball offers on this kind of stuff simply for my own amusement.