Barracuda - Restored

10393936_804773372880955_768624491379068

Barracuda - Original

golden-commandos_zpsd03fxj0k.jpg

AWB - Restored

65_Plymouth-Golden-Commandos-DV-10-MB_00

AWB - Original

12805726_862375330558976_687635473588338

To my eye the AWB is to Gold but, I don't know for sure. I do know that Bruce (current owner of Barracuda) is now a member of the Golden Commandos and was in talks with Ray Kobe of the Commandos during restorationof the Barracuda.

Either way, this is a very welcomed kit. I know I will be buying a case of them. Can we hope for the sister Dodge next?

Edited by jjsipes

I would be all over the dodge versions too!  If you really wanted to pry the rest of my money from me, just make that Barracuda!  You could do drag versions, Street machines, and stock versions.  First generation Barracudas are about as cool as it gets.  

AWB - Restored

To my eye the AWB is to Gold but, I don't know for sure. I do know that Bruce (current owner of Barracuda) is now a member of the Golden Commandos and was in talks with Ray Kobe of the Commandos during restorationof the Barracuda.

Either way, this is a very welcomed kit. I know I will be buying a case of them. Can we hope for the sister Dodge next?

Here a little better shot of the original car I was just sent and it sure looks a lot like Turbine Bronze to me ....  so which is correct ?

p

I would be all over the dodge versions too!  If you really wanted to pry the rest of my money from me, just make that Barracuda!  You could do drag versions, Street machines, and stock versions.  First generation Barracudas are about as cool as it gets.  

Dave and I have talked several times about all the possible B-body variations possible from this kit so I doubt this is the last announcement....   

I'd expect a number of variations of that Comet too .....  I can't say either way on a AFX version but I can say Dave has set the bar pretty high.  

Steve

Here a little better shot of the original car I was just sent and it sure looks a lot like Turbine Bronze to me ....  so which is correct ?  

Looking at the reflection of the trailer fender on the lower front fender of the car is almost mirror-like, maybe this was a candy Tangerine as suggested above. But I do agree it does look like Turbine Bronze.

Btw, what range of years of Dodge/Plymouth would this chassis platform be correct to support more releases in the future? 64-65? 63?

Looking at the reflection of the trailer fender on the lower front fender of the car is almost mirror-like, maybe this was a candy Tangerine as suggested above. But I do agree it does look like Turbine Bronze.

Btw, what range of years of Dodge/Plymouth would this chassis platform be correct to support more releases in the future? 64-65? 63?

Any of the 63-65 B-bodies would be a no brainer,  The 62's were on the same platform but I think they were shorter. 

Without a major retool......Imo.the only thing left is a convertible.

Imo.

The obvious choice would be a 63 dodge....but then i may be biased as thats on my top 5 list for cool cars. 

After all the 64 dodge and plymouth are already available

Which is correct?

Barracuda - Restored

10393936_804773372880955_768624491379068

Barracuda - Original

golden-commandos_zpsd03fxj0k.jpg

AWB - Restored

AWB - Original

12805726_862375330558976_687635473588338

I also agree,

But the 2 pics of the barracuda are in shade. the AFX car is out in the sun. Maybe its painted the wrong color,,,,,,,but I've seen the AFX car in person and burnt orange it is not. It most definitely has a bronze-ish / gold tint to it . FK5 burnt orange has a brownish - red look to it out in the sun .

And I will get 'at least'  a case when these hit the shelves.

I've already told my LHS shop owner I want a case of the 1965 Plymouth Butch Leal A990 cars when they hit

I bet one or two resin casters will be crying when this hits the market.

When the Satellite hardtop kit came out, I wondered how many versions would be out of the tooling ,,,and am still wondering how far they are from done.

I have a Speed City Resin 1965 Plymouth AFX ( plus a few others ,,but that's the best one by far )

I have plans to paint it this summer and then build it next fall  ,,I seriously doubt I'll change those plans . But its a good bet Speed City will dis-continue there resin version soon. The only other one I can think of is the MCW  version

When the Satellite hardtop kit came out, I wondered how many versions would be out of the tooling ,,,and am still wondering how far they are from done.

I have a Speed City Resin 1965 Plymouth AFX ( plus a few others ,,but that's the best one by far )

I have plans to paint it this summer and then build it next fall  ,,I seriously doubt I'll change those plans . But its a good bet Speed City will dis-continue there resin version soon. The only other one I can think of is the MCW  version

Bill, 

With all due respect - most, if not all of Speed City's stuff is copies of other people's resin (including mine). Scott's made plenty of money. The fact that Scott makes claims that his is the 'only accurate one available' is pure B.S. 

Bring on the plastic versions! 

Thanks,

Jim Kampmann

Bill, 

With all due respect - most, if not all of Speed City's stuff is copies of other people's resin (including mine). Scott's made plenty of money. The fact that Scott makes claims that his is the 'only accurate one available' is pure B.S. 

Bring on the plastic versions! 

Thanks,

Jim Kampmann

Wasn't aware of this .

I also have a MCW version the Speed City version is much better.

But I agree, I would MUCH rather have styrene anyday

Never in my wildest dreams did I think a plastic version of ANY true to life AFX car would ever materialize in my lifetime .

When this hits the shelves I'll buy AT LEAST a case ,,,I have a feeling the aftermarket decal makers are already thinking about which ones to do  Same goes for the A990 car

I agree Bill, Dave at Model King told me about 3 years ago that the Plymouths and Comet were coming. I put it on the T.R.A.K. forum and was almost laughed off the forum you should go back and read the comments but here they are. I have done business with Dave for about 25 years and I have learned when he tells you something you can take it to the bank. Keep them coming Dave.  

I also never thought an AWB styrene car would be produced. I have altered the wheelbase on the old AMT Coronet in 1965, and have since made a couple of resin AWB cars from the Good Stuff when they produced them.  I saw the prototype at the Moeibus booth at the NNL East and it looked good.  My hats off to Moeibus fot their subject selections.

I also never thought an AWB styrene car would be produced. I have altered the wheelbase on the old AMT Coronet in 1965, and have since made a couple of resin AWB cars from the Good Stuff when they produced them.  I saw the prototype at the Moeibus booth at the NNL East and it looked good.  My hats off to Moeibus fot their subject selections.

Thanks Ed! Like you, I would have never thought in a million years we would see something like this! Can't wait to see them on the shelf!

Jim Kampmann