Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 GTO convertible

Mercelo

Hey fellas, here's an ole' Goat for you.   l cut the roof off, and did my best at making a convertible boot out of some of the wifes "Press n Seal". It's painted in a close rendition to Pontiac's Carosel Red, with a bit of wiring under the hood. I only posted two pics because l was only allowed to post a maximum of 3.73mb of data,  and each of my pictures on my i-pad is 1.4-1.7mb...If anyone has any suggestions, they are welcome.image.thumb.jpeg.a00462479741e7b9e0de137image.thumb.jpeg.0fc9726903fa802a1c89f01

Edited by Mercelo

Did one of these years ago and it was a pig to get it right.  Most people don't realize at first glance that the convertible has completely different rear quarters and trunk lid.  If I recall right, I had to do a pie cut to get it right.  Or you could start with the new 69 Chevelle convertible kit and chop out the parts that you needed.  The color looks spot on.  A lot of people don't know that Pontiac Carousel Red is the same color and Chevy Hugger orange.  Looks great.  You got me thinking about doing another one of these.

Very clean work! That paint is super glossy!

Most people don't realize at first glance that the convertible has completely different rear quarters and trunk lid. 

IIRC, the deck lid on the 'vert is a bit more horizontal than the hardtop. This is another one that I've got planned, and yeah, you'd have to do a pie cut to get the angle right.

Heaven knows when I'd get to it...........one project at a time! :P 

only posted two pics because l was only allowed to post a maximum of 3.73mb of data,  and each of my pictures on my i-pad is 1.4-1.7mb...If anyone has any suggestions, they are welcome.

You only get a very small amount of photo storage space here because this site is not meant to be a photo-hosting site.

The right way to post photos here is to first open a photo-hosting site account, like Photobucket. Then put your photos into your Photobucket album(s)... then post the link to the photo here. That way the photo is physically taking up space on the photo hosting site's server, not this server. But we will still see the photo here because you posted the link to it here. As long as the photos you post here are sitting elsewhere (on a photo-hosting site), there is no limit to how many photo links you can post here.

I think there is a 10 photo-per-post limit here, but in the rare case you need to post more than 10 photos of the same model, just make another post in the same thread.