Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustangs!

FordRodnKustom

Lets see your Ford Mustangs. Any year or style. They're all good!

I'll start with a few of mine

Revell 69 MACH 1 converted to a Boss 302

69boss8-vi.jpg

AMT 67 GT converted to a 390 GTA with resin turn signal hood and corrugated tail panel.

67GTA2-vi.jpg

67gta4-vi.jpg

AMT 66 Hard Top converted to a GT

Post 'em up!

Edited by FordRodnKustom
  • Like 1

My timing isn't good, the previous two postings will make mine look shabby, but here they are anyway. The 1970 , 1969 and racer are old builds. The 1968 Shelby is a restoration with a thread on here. The 1967 convertible is an attempt to reproduce the one in my garage,also with a thread on here.

And here is the one in my garage.

And I have six unbuilt. I am considering getting one or two of the modern ones.

• Like 1

A '67 finished not quite a year ago...

Mr. Obsessive; please tell me what tires you used on this fabulous '67 Mustang GT build.  The front tires on this kit always seem to stick-out too far from under the front fenders on 99% of the builds of this kit that I see, but your front tires placement looks just right.  Did you adjust the track for those front wheels, or did your tire change do the trick?

Mr. Obsessive; please tell me what tires you used on this fabulous '67 Mustang GT build.  

Mark, I used Norm Veber's Replica and Miniatures resin redline tires for this one. Yeah, that's one of the first things that I took note of when I was test fitting the chassis together. The tires are simply too big for this era of car. I believe I used Norm's 14" ones as they seemed a bit more appropriate than the 15 inchers he has also. The redlines on his 15" ones-------the diameter of it is a bit larger and not as close to the wheel as I'd like.

Nice tires just the same, and in fact I just saw Norm yesterday at the Mid-Atlantic NNL and ordered a 15" set from him as he didn't have them on hand. Let's just say those are for a "future" WIP in the not too distant future which has yet to be named. ;)

To get the car to sit right, I did tweak the front spindles just a teensy bit, and the rear sat too low originally because RC2 modeled the inside sail panels too shallow. I added some plastic to those sail panels to make them taller, painted them red to match, so that it raised the rear end a bit and gets rid of the "saggy butt" look.

Just to add, if you want to see pics of the build from start to finish, you can click here.

Edited by MrObsessive