Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya FXX K 1/24th scale New Pics 5/13/17

Randy D

Hi Folks,

Thanks for sticking with me here Ben!

BVC500,  I think you will enjoy yours.

Art,   You're killing me with truth:D

Hey Scott, don't encourage him buddy !!!!!

Thank you Ashley !

Hi Jonathan,  Appreciate the comment !

Thanks Bruce:)

Update...

Next up are the fender well/ oil cooler parts...

The pe screens are part of the add on set.

Also got the 'spyder'  painted.....

more fun carbon fiber decal work...

The spyder , rear clip, and fenders are just mocked up for now. 

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

This is turning out really nicely. 

I have always been bummed that the Enzo or LaFerrari has never been appealing to me. Incredible machines, but I have no love for them. On the bright side, it has saved me a ton of money in buying kits and detail sets. This one does look awesome though and I have a feeling I will end up getting it once more detail stuff comes out. 

Randy... This some Mighty Awesome work you are doing buddy. Everything is looking Killer!!!! Did that Carbon Fiber decal set come with the kit or was it an after market set. You are doing a heck of a job on this and I can't wait to see more. I am sure you will get this done before I get my funny car done....haha. Makes me want to build something out of the box now ;) B)

Yeah Randy, what's up with this OOB stuff.  Can't believe you're not making each and every part.  ;)   All kidding aside, I can appreciate what you're doing and must say that its pretty cool to see what you're accomplishing on this build with your capabilities.  What's your opinion of the kit overall?  cheers, tim

Fantastic work being done here Randy, but I do have one small nit to pick with you. Please photograph those assemblies against a lighter background. I'm finding it a little difficult to make out some of the details against the dark background. 

Well best I can do is mirror everyone else's remarks. Looks outstanding Randy. I've decided that I'll just send you mine FXX K once it gets here and have you build it, so just PM me your shipping info and I'll send it along......kidding, but BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH, that thing looks awesome.

David

Hi Folks,

Thanks Cameron, did you ever start the GT40 engine?  I got one but have not done too much with it. Have to figure out a car to build around it!  Not doing another gt40:D

Hi Chris,  Thanks buddy! the decals are made by Tamiya for this kit. They also produced a pe fret for this kit. Both sets are sold as add ons.  I suppose their way of keeping the kit price down:D

Not you too Tim:D So far this kit is excellent, crisply molded parts and perfect fit.  The only con so far is a slight mold line to cleanup on most parts.

Tony, Thank you sir and I hear you on the pics!  see below...

Hi Jim,  Thank you and I'm in Ft. Collins,  where are you?

Thanks Lloyd!

David, glad you are checking in.  I think you will have a great time building it:)

Thanks Doc !

Hi Jonathan,  Thank you and  I enjoy your supercar builds!

Tony,  It is tough with all the black. Below are a couple shots on lighter backdrops taken outside in the shade on a sunny day.

I will keep trying different things....

Thanks for looking in.

Randy

Hi Folks,

Thanks Cameron, did you ever start the GT40 engine?  I got one but have not done too much with it. Have to figure out a car to build around it!  Not doing another gt40:D

Hi Chris,  Thanks buddy! the decals are made by Tamiya for this kit. They also produced a pe fret for this kit. Both sets are sold as add ons.  I suppose their way of keeping the kit price down:D

Not you too Tim:D So far this kit is excellent, crisply molded parts and perfect fit.  The only con so far is a slight mold line to cleanup on most parts.

Tony, Thank you sir and I hear you on the pics!  see below...

Hi Jim,  Thank you and I'm in Ft. Collins,  where are you?

Thanks Lloyd!

David, glad you are checking in.  I think you will have a great time building it:)

Thanks Doc !

Hi Jonathan,  Thank you and  I enjoy your supercar builds!

Tony,  It is tough with all the black. Below are a couple shots on lighter backdrops taken outside in the shade on a sunny day.

I will keep trying different things....

IMG_3390_zpsdfu1zh7g.jpg

IMG_3399_zpsp7neu0ix.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Randy

Much better photos, thanks. You're absolutely killing it with this model. I will definitely be following this up till it's done. 

Very great work on this model! I have a LaFerrari (Revell kit) on the to-do list, and would like to use your build as reference if that is alright with you. Your skills are far better than mine and am excited seeing this one built!

Hi Folks,

Jonathan, Thank you and with your skills you will enjoy these kits!

Thanks Chris!

Ben,  I'm having to fight the CF set more than I expected.  Most of my issues have been self inflicted:(  For instance the air intake piece requires 12 pieces of CF and then the red stripe.  At first I thought to have a slight overlap on adjoining pieces so I would not have any gaps.  This turned out to be a mistake as I wound up with an obvious seam.   Had to scrape off the first attempts and make replacements out of the extra material thoughtfully provided. Had better luck trimming the decal right to the shape then butting pieces together.  My biggest problem is my own lack of experience with decals on cars as I rarely get this far:D

Hey Chris,  Thanks for checking in my buddy!

Tony,  Appreciate your kind words my friend. The update tonite has pics taken at the bench but hopefully they are not too dark. 

Hi Anthony, Thank you and feel free !

James,  You sir, are a bit twisted(in a good way)  Go for it:D

Seth,  Thank you the comment!

Did not get much bench time this past week but made a little progress on detailing the engine compartment....

Made up the electric connection box thingy and added more wiring....

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

Ha ha "electrical box thingy"

You can make these parts so well and not even know what they are!!! Of course, nor do I.

I would be lost around this engine, have enough trouble with a F40!! And yet you still manage to blow us all away

My friend, those last four engine shots look EXACTLY like your reference photos, in fact I am not sure which is real and which are scale model...... if your fingers weren't there

SUPERB models skillsB)