Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sox & Martin 69 Roadrunner.

caine440

I like where this is going! Will be watching.

Reminds me, I need to buy that new S&M book that just came out. If it's got as many great pics as the Grumpy Jenkins book, it'll be a great reference and idea mine.

Edited by Snake45

I like where this is going! Will be watching.

Reminds me, I need to buy that new S&M book that just came out. If it's got as many great pics as the Grumpy Jenkins book, it'll be a great reference and idea mine.

Following too.   Who doesn't love late 60' RR's?  Especially S&M stuff.

I also have been meaning to pick up the S&M book on Amazon, hoping it's as good a read/reference as Da Grump's book was.  I read that one straight in a couple of days and love the pix.

I picked up the book when it first came out and it is indeed a good read.

Another great one it the book Sox & Martin put out back in 74 ( think)

20151107_150156_zpsxiepw7np.jpg

20160417_084600_zpsgznxigwe.jpg

I am going with what I think was a B/MP car.

13393988_1000416643412205_19312624447243

Still not totally sure.

....this photo was taken at the 69 Winternationals at Pomona......it was actually their 68 RR then retro fitted with new 69 body trim, painted and re lettered.  It ran in B/MP class as did Landys 69 Charger, and Landy won the event  with Herb McCandless  at the wheel, until Landy won in the final pass against Riffles Anglia gasser if I recall. the Sox and Martin RR here apparently rolled off the trailer soon after and was wrecked so I have been told. In the 69 season, though, they also did have a SS/E class hemi car similar but in legal S/S trim, and later a 440 six pack RR too.  this timeless photo is one of my all time favorites of any SM car, and its hard to tell in the pic, but I think that's Don Carlton at the wheel.....love your project here, I'm slowly but surely working presently of a 68 RR B/MP  car myself.....regards, the Ace.....:D

• 3 weeks later...

Roger, you'll need to get the new Landy book as well. Got mine this past weekend at Carlisle Chrysler show and it is a great book.

https://www.amazon.com/Landys-Dodges-Mighty-Mopars-Dandy/dp/161325248X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469208652&sr=8-1&keywords=landyGreat

Great looking build by the way.

Edited by jjsipes

• 2 weeks later...