Model Cars Magazine Forum

TV cars in kits

The Hardcastle and McCormick truck is the one I'd like to see come. Not for the TV tie in, which I could care less about. But, for the GMC stepside. That is cool.

That wouldn't be too far of a stretch depending on how much it shares with the recent "Deserter" reissue of the "Fall Guy" GMC. 

Well it's sort of a car anyway.

f4f3bf1040a8c39aa579da46122b454d.jpg

I always thought that that was suppose to be their version of a car. I have one in my collection, partially because I always looked at it as a car. And I'm glad to say that I got the earlier version, seen above, with the whole family. Not just George and Astro.

I always thought that that was suppose to be their version of a car. I have one in my collection, partially because I always looked at it as a car. And I'm glad to say that I got the earlier version, seen above, with the whole family. Not just George and Astro.

Right, I don't recall any sort of car, as such, in the show, and always assumed this was their car, albeit a space car.

Oh boy!!

Got to find a Memory upgrade!! (Sorry on missing the A-Team Van listing)
I have TWO of that Magnum Ferrari, and the Jetson's "car"

CHiPs Kawasaki, MASH  Medivac Chopper

And I have the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo as well!!

As for MOVIE kits, Both AMT & P-L Ecto-1 & 1A

And the Original P-L BTTF Delorean too

And I did start a Mayberry 59 Ford Police Cruiser, but.../

That one went

NOT Plastic Or Diecast, But I also have "Squad-51"!!!!!

And that "Terrestrial Defense Force Car in the same medium

In fact, I have SEVERAL HOLLYWOOD pieces that way

If I say FREE Download do you understand what they are??

(And YES they ARE Models, Not pictures)

Daddyfink, what was wrong with the TV show Stingray? I kind of liked it the short period it was on. Now the kit was not all that accurate, but it was at least a start, especially for when it was tooled.

I did not say there was anything wrong with the show, it was more the New Monkees I was aiming at, but, my photo sequence is off. 

The show means nothing to me as I never saw it. But, back then I did notice that it disappeared rather fast. 

Really enjoying this thread!

Did anyone mention the Barnabas Collins Van from "Dark Shadows"? Even though the character in the show doesn't drive, MPC still made the model using his name.

As I recall, MPC butchered a nice '33 (?) Chevy panel van kit to make the goofy Barnabas van.

Forgot more!!!

I have a Blue Thunder found CHEAP at a Yardsale UNBUILT

and what about the 2 SnapFast from VIPER??

Too bad the Third The Morphed Defender was Never Tooled!!
After all That Show DID continue in First Run Syndication after NBC cancelled it

Watched it Every Saturday Afternoon!!!!

I can Build the Red Roadster version with the Pre-painted Glue kit

IF I can come up with the License Plate for it!!!!

Same for the Replacement Coupe IF I can find a Pre-painted in Blue without the Stripes

painted on!!

AND Find the Correct License plate!!

Again, there are more I am Forgetting, but.......................

Has anybody mentioned the Fireball 500? The Barris customized Barracuda, from the movie of the same name.

And do the Sonny and Cher Mustangs count? Their variety show didn't come out for several years after Barris built the cars. But the cars look like something Barris would have build for TV or a movie. Were they used in an early TV special starring Sonny and Cher maybe?

And how about AMT's '65 Riviera kit? From what I remember it could be built as another Barris real custom car. I believe it was called Via Riviera. And used in some "B" movie. I know Barris also did a customized '65 Buick Wildcat, that I seem to remember being in the same movie. Was the AMT '65 Wildcat setup with the customizing parts to duplicate that car too?

And of course we have Barris' greatest creatation, the TV Batmobile. But, the car the Barris Batmobile was based on. The Lincoln Futura. Also appeared on the screen with Glen Ford and Debby Reynolds, in it Started With a Kiss. Not a great movie. But, fun to see the Futura before Barris' conversion.

And one more. The MPC Thundercharger, again from a movie by the same name. And again based on a Barris custom.

Right, I don't recall any sort of car, as such, in the show, and always assumed this was their car, albeit a space car.

Polar Lights titled the Jetson's vehicle as a Spaceship? Did it ever travel in space? I've always assumed it was one of those flying cars we were always being told we'd all be driving by now. Wasn't the show an early 60's look at the 21st Century. And according to all the popular science and mechanic magazines of the time, we'd all be driving flying cars, like the Jetsons by now.

Great thread, I had no idea there were so many of these.

This one, while not a direct tie in it's not too much of a stretch to connect the dots.

The Chrysler Turbine Car in the 1964 move "the Lively Set". I think I remember someone (Cady?) making a decal sheet for it.

number5-vi.jpg

browntop-vi.jpg

X-El, part of the Seville/JoHan era in the late 1970's, made a promo of The Lively Set Turbine car. I regret not getting one at the time.

The Snap/EZ Build kit (Un-assembled Promo) of the Turbine had the Decals from

the Movie, though according to many,NOT 100% accurate!

And There WAS 1 20 Century ANTIQUE Car shown in Jetsons ONE time

Henry had it when George & Jane were in need of a New/Second car for her.

It belched a LOT of black Smoke while started, and George & Jane got in the Wrong car

Bank Loot was in the back seat!!!!!

And In the Movie with Tiffany as the Voice of Judy, Yes the Car Did fly through space.

But in the series No, they went on Rockets to the Moon, etc