Model Cars Magazine Forum

TV cars in kits

image.jpeg

You know, there's now 2 tv tie ins on Elvira's T-Bird, she took it to Count's Kustoms to get some work done on it a few seasons back on Counting Cars to put clean up, fix up, and just getting into good running shape.  Don't know how true the story line was, but supposedly they were all such big fans of her's, they donated their time wrenching on the car to better keep it in her budget.

I Really liked that show. Thanks for posting...

There's one episode of that where George Clooney played a wheel man that drove a black '69 Charger that looked suspiciously like a repainted General Lee without the pushbars.  Wouldn't take much for Round 2 to mold that new Snap General Lee kit in black and get that out there, for who ever still remembers the show.

Jesse i have to get one of those Blue Thunder Hellicopter to go with my Airwolf. Do you own most of the stuff you posted?

Some of it I do have in my stash and some of it came off the web. 

I will compile a list of what I have in my stash as I do like collecting show biz kits. I know for sure I have the Blue Thunder kit, but, the Airwolf  I will have to double check on.

Carl, get the "Fine Molds" 1/48 Scale Blue Thunder, rather the Monogram 1/32 one if you can. The Fine Molds kit is smaller, but much better detailed. I've seen the Monogram kit go real cheap at swap meets, as few people seem to want it. The detailing in very typical 1980's Monogram, with few parts, but lots of engraved detail. The fit on my kit was "Okay" at it's best.

Have fun with it, though.

Alan

Did they ever kit the Snowman's truck?

5216461_1_l.jpg

vintage-ertl-smokey-and-the-bandit-ii-mo

No Jesse, they didn't, though the AMT "Movin On" Kenworth can be used as the truck from the original movie

and the AMT GMC General with some modifications to the sleeper could be used as the truck from the second that the trailer is branded but not 100% correct for. 

That trailer in the second movie, though slight, has a lower floor than the kit trailer. 

Also, here is another truck that has been overlooked even by me the trucker, the F.L.A.G. mobile unit from "Knight Rider", which could be closely, but not 100% either, be built using AMT's GMC General and one of their old moving van/NASCAR hauler trailer kits. 

Early Seasons:

Later Seasons:

I'm not sure of the manufacturer, I can't read it on the pic I found and haven't been brushing up on my Chinese or Japanese lately :lol:, but there is a 1/28th scale kit of the later season version and appears to come with K.I.T.T. as well. 

One other that there is no "official" kit of, but can be made from AMT's Peterbilt 352 cabover kit and a trailer like the "Smokey and the Bandit" trailer (which is a 40 foot Great Dane dry goods trailer by the way) is "Goliath" from "Knight Rider". 

No Jesse, they didn't, though the AMT "Movin On" Kenworth can be used as the truck from the original movie

smokey-and-the-bandit-truck-driver-quote

and the AMT GMC General with some modifications to the sleeper could be used as the truck from the second that the trailer is branded but not 100% correct for. 

smokeybandit2_55_zpslnq1q96x.jpg

i014466_zps0wvpahka.jpg

That trailer in the second movie, though slight, has a lower floor than the kit trailer. 

Also, here is another truck that has been overlooked even by me the trucker, the F.L.A.G. mobile unit from "Knight Rider", which could be closely, but not 100% either, be built using AMT's GMC General and one of their old moving van/NASCAR hauler trailer kits. 

Early Seasons:

MobileUnitWhite_zpsqrwxa0p8.jpg

Later Seasons:

e123e7700a175a78eb19650d1ae07981_zpsnkmf

I'm not sure of the manufacturer, I can't read it on the pic I found and haven't been brushing up on my Chinese or Japanese lately :lol:, but there is a 1/28th scale kit of the later season version and appears to come with K.I.T.T. as well. 

KnightRiderSemi4_zpstirtzqd6.jpg

One other that there is no "official" kit of, but can be made from AMT's Peterbilt 352 cabover kit and a trailer like the "Smokey and the Bandit" trailer (which is a 40 foot Great Dane dry goods trailer by the way) is "Goliath" from "Knight Rider". 

truck%20knight%20rider_zpstsmwbox0.jpg

Thanks for the info and the great ideas! 

I always wanted to do Goliath!!

And More shown I have!!!

MASH Chopper (Still would LOVE to get the Jeep + Swamp, and Truck, but....

They go SO High anymore though!!

Cannonball Run Dodge Van Ambulance & ChevellE Nascar (was a Monte Carlo in some scenes though---If not ALL)

I have the Backdraft issue of Monogram's MACK CF Pumper, but Not the car!!

(Movie Car was a Square Bodied Crown Vic, while kit is a Malibu~~Also, LAdder was a MACK, Pumper a Ward LaFrance!!)

Would Love the Code Red Nova too!! (THAT one was Also a Square Crown Vic)

I can actually do those 2 Crown Vics!!

I also have 2 of the 1/20 Baywatch Pickup!!

They did not go Toyota till Hawaii though

LA County units (And later season "BAYWATCH" Pickups were Ford Ranger Splash & Splash Plus!!!

First season Pickups were Dodge Dakota's!!!

Also built the Superfly New, and Fonzie's version of the Monkee Mobile!!

Why didn't MPC rent Jo-Han's Eldorado and add the SuperFly pieces??

Also have Both OLD Revell & new Polar Lights HERBIE The Love Bug kits and P-L Speed Racer Snap issue

The AMT A-G issue 56 T-Bird, And the 3 Revell Diecast kits. T-Bird, 55 Chevy & Yellow Coupe

a Glue-Bomb Airfix DB5 James Bond I Still want to restore!

1 of the Lincoln Futura, Snap & Glue P-L TV Batmobile, Bat Boat, & Bat Cycle

AMT Keaton Movies Batmobile, Bat Missle, Plane & Boat

As well as P-L's Comic Book Batmobile & Plane. (2 pack kit)

I have a Pre-painted of AMT's 57-58 Plymouth in Red-White, but Not marked as Christine.

I will have to THINK if there are any others.

If I see any, I will remember!!!!

6107-dicktracycoupe.JPG

modelvan_11.jpg

UsedCaMovierModelBox.jpg

I have the Used Car kit, it has a 79-80 mpc camaro in it. Also, Dean Malino did a great article in the April 94 SAE ( I think that is the right issue ) on the kit. This has turned into a really great thread and wish I Knew how to post some pics but just can't seem to figure it out.   Thanks.   Jeff