Model Cars Magazine Forum

SOME NEW GOOCHE DECAL INFO.......

...thought I would share something that just moments ago came in an email to me.......Billy Gooche  told me that his family no longer wants to bother with the decal business, and he cannot manage it alone for health reasons. he also said a friend was looking into possibly taking over, but that's just a maybe.....so, its now shut down and the reason so many of us have had no contact with Gooche for months now........just thought I'd spread the unfortunate news.......the Ace........:(

I want to take a moment to thank his daughter for getting the line back up and running on Ebay in the first place. I moved heaven and earth to get a set of his 66/67 Schumacher Stardust decals. Then she came along and saved the day.

I recently saw some saying they were closing the Ebay store, sadly now, it's reality. I wish I had the resources to acquire the line.

My best wishes to the entire Gooche family as they deal with their issues.

• 1 month later...

What format is the artwork in?  Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator? What program version? Or is it in some different format?

This was my first thought too , the artwork needs to be in a SVG format to be useful . If they're a bitmap or anything else they'll need to be redrawn using Corel or AI .

This was my first thought too , the artwork needs to be in a SVG format to be useful . If they're a bitmap or anything else they'll need to be redrawn using Corel or AI .

To be pedantic, any vector-graphic format. SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is just one specific type of formats for storing vector graphics.  Corel uses its own format (.CDR file extension) and Adobe uses .AI file extension.  But of course there are ways to convert between various formats.

To anyone who want to know they were all done with paint shop pro.They would be printable with an alps printer.

Interesting. I always thought of Paint Shop Pro as a raster (bitmap) editor, but looking a bit deeper it seems that version 7 and later can handle vector graphics too.  I use Corel Draw 10 and I don't see any easy way to import Paint Shop Pro files into Corel.

Edited by peteski

Interesting. I always thought of Paint Shop Pro as a raster (bitmap) editor, but looking a bit deeper it seems that version 7 and later can handle vector graphics too.  I use Corel Draw 10 and I don't see any easy way to import Paint Shop Pro files into Corel.

What file extension do you need it in? I have two versions of PSP and could export it for you.

What file extension do you need it in? I have two versions of PSP and could export it for you.

I use Corel Draw 10 (and 12), so the native format is .CDR, but it can also import many other formats (but not .PSP).  My Corel Draw is rather old, so maybe the never versions can directly import .PSP files.  The problem with import/export is that you often lose layer settings and everything gets imported as a large group of objects.

I should also say that I'm not really thinking of picking up the artwork, but I'm glad to see that the artwork was done in vector-graphic format and that it has been passed onto someone who will continue the business instead of just being stagnant on some old computer..