Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Sledsel" My 58 Edsel

Porscheman

This is a build for an upcoming "Paper Bag Contest" and the blind color envelope I chose was yellow. So I decided to try Dupli-color Metalcast rattle can paint job. I started with their base coat, which is a silver heavy metallic and then applied their yellow. The 2 tone was achieved with their purple and 2 coats of the yellow on top. The body was then top coated with Testors Wet Look Clear. The interior is matching and the glass was tinted with 5 very light coats of Tamiya Clear Orange. The wheels and tires are Steven Zimmermann's excellent "Z Wheels" I also added a set of 50's period Spotlight/mirror combo units and I added MV's for the missing spotlight lenses.

Does it need anything?

Thanks guys,

Al

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

That Edsel turned out pretty Kool:D My only suggestion would be to put chrome lake pipes on that are plain, with the cap on the end. The heat shield is too much, and takes away from the look. To me, it draws attention to itself, rather than complimenting the custom look of the other features all together. Nice Job:)

Cheers,

Lance 

That Edsel turned out pretty Kool:D My only suggestion would be to put chrome lake pipes on that are plain, with the cap on the end. The heat shield is too much, and takes away from the look. To me, it draws attention to itself, rather than complimenting the custom look of the other features all together. Nice Job:)

Cheers,

Lance 

I took your advice and changed the pipes to cleaner looking ones. I still need to add the rear antenna's, but how does it look now. I only build replica stocks, so a low custom is way out of my comfort zone.

Al

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki