Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Daytona Cobra.

cobraman

I bought this 1/24 Kyosho Daytona Cobra body on ebay. It's a pretty nice looking body and it is made for slot cars. I got a Revell Cobra as a donor and will try and use some of those parts to build a display model of the Daytona. It will be a curbside as it will not have an engine or an interior and just black plastic windows.

Thanks guys, Since this is just going to be a curbside style kit without interior or engine I am not really concerned about much except trying to build a clean looking shelf model. i don't have the talent to do much else. My Cobra collection is lacking in Daytona's and this was at least one way to get another in the cabinet with out spending a bunch for one of the resin kits. I had to think twice about buying this body as with shipping it was over 30 dollars.

I think it looks pretty good Ray.

If you, or anyone else wanted a more accurate suspension Jeremy at Cleary Scale has a conversion kit.

http://www.clearlyscale.com/category/conversion-kits

Looking forward to more Ray.

David

Sorry should of looked abit more closely, it doesnt have the suspension parts anymore....not sure why, I bought the conversion kit off him last year and got the front and rear suspension parts....hmm nvm then.

Edited by Jhedir6

I'm building the Revell Cobra and while I was down for surgery someone who shall remain nameless cleaned up my work table and paint area and the exhaust pieces and hood were misplaced and I'm trying to get replacement parts, do you have plans for the ones in your donor kit? Thanks for your time Del.

I'm building the Revell Cobra and while I was down for surgery someone who shall remain nameless cleaned up my work table and paint area and the exhaust pieces and hood were misplaced and I'm trying to get replacement parts, do you have plans for the ones in your donor kit? Thanks for your time Del.

PM me, I probably have a what you need. Just give me the exact part numbers from the kit please. I have a couple of Cobra's from a garage sale lot, neither are glue bombs but they are assembled/falling apart I'll just dunk the parts in CS and clean them up. I got so many kits I'll likely never get to them anyways.

David

PM me, I probably have a what you need. Just give me the exact part numbers from the kit please. I have a couple of Cobra's from a garage sale lot, neither are glue bombs but they are assembled/falling apart I'll just dunk the parts in CS and clean them up. I got so many kits I'll likely never get to them anyways.

David

Done, thanks a lot, Del.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Car just about done. I did decide to put numbers on it. The paint was an experiment with Duplicolor chrome. It went on nice but I can't recommend it at least for a body. The paint is very fragile and does not seem to hold up well even tho I used gloves. I used the 427 Cobra body to make a slot car body so no extra hood. I also painted that body with this chrome paint but I cleared it.  It looks more of a silver gray and the chrome look was gone.