Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck-A-Thon Jr. 2017

Jordan White

here is the kit i am starting with,

i did one a couple of years ago for another on-line contest, and don't have the model [was part of the contest, they supplied kit, you built it, and sent it back] and bought this kit to replicate it, but i think a color change is going to be in order. here is my first build of this kit,

looking forward to building it again.

Im in on this too. I've got a few truck kits kicking around that need to be finished. 

I'm going to go with one started, lightly. Meng Ford F350.

And it's, as stated above, already underway, this one is going to be lowered and customized just a bit.

My inspiration for this build.

It wont be exactly like the 1:1 but i do plan on using the same colour combination. 

As of right now it looks like this

003_zpspxlwcks6.jpg

Dually fenders from Daniel @ Scenes Unlimited and low-pro wheels and tires from a Jada diecast. 

Everything else will be mostly box stock other then a few mods to the body work and some added ground effects. 
Paint is from Scale Finishes, which I already have, Ferrari Grigio Silverstone and HoK Sunset Pearl Orange. 

Probably wont get anything done this month, I have a bunch of stuff on the go and the FB group build for the 24HR of Daytona coming up, I likely get to this starting in February.

Looking forward to seeing some trucks built up.

David

Edited by Jhedir6

I'm in with this Ranger Splash,

DSCN6475-vi.jpg

Will be going for a little bit of a pre-runner style,

54503770674664-vi.jpg

19503770699276-vi.jpg56503770676674-vi.jpg

These Ranger kits have riser blocks for stock ride height builds.  I happen to have several of them, so I double stacked them on suspension,

06503770686055-vi.jpg48503770668090-vi.jpg

59503770679904-vi.jpg17503770697133-vi.jpg

I'm going to use the tires and wheels from the Lindberg Off-Road F150,

43504325963516-vi.jpg52504325972323-vi.jpg

This is hopeful stance I'm looking for,

18504282618463-vi.jpg

Truck will be painted orange; already seen purple pond thanks to Rustoleum.  NEVER AGAIN. Will try to use 5.0L out of the 90 LX Mustang drag car.

Nice Bruce! That version of "Gone in 60 Seconds " is in my top 5 all time car movies.

If I remember correctly, didn't that H1 have colour change paint? Sounds like an interesting challenge!

BTW-that workbench of yours looks like a 1:1 chop shop with the 'Stang & chassis in pieces in the background. Very fitting for the movie theme.

Found my entry: a '37 Chevy, a.k.a. Orange Blossom Special II

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

A fresh delivery from eBay.  Been looking to get my hands on this kit for years.  Finally found one at a reasonable price, with the engine block started.  Luckily for me, the previous owner actually knew what they were doing and wired/plumbed the engine.  Doesn't mean that I won't blow it apart and add my own touch to it tho.

It will be a while before I start this one - have too many on the go already lol

Had a little time to start on my build this morning.

As you can see I am kit bashing the 77 GMC wrecker with the 78 Firestone Ford 4x4. Last year I built a Diamond Reo Texaco Fuel truck (well started it anyway) and have wanted to build a gas station wrecker in Texaco colors to go along with the DR. 

• 2 weeks later...