Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Sedan Parts Box Experiment (close up)

James2

Because, just because, that is why I built this one. It is a Jalopy, because I really dislike the term Rat Rod! The plan was to use nothing but what I had, no running to the store for parts or materials.

I wanted the gas cap to be the shiniest piece too. And no spray paint because I can not use the booth when it is so cold outside. Wrong vent no heat kinda thing!

So with that in mind I spent all my spare time putting this together. It's a Revell 32 Sedan with a 29 Ford cowl, 29 frame (Z'd of course) a blown Tony Nancy 426, Parts Box pieces and some rust...

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender%202.jpg

FullSizeRender%203.jpg

FullSizeRender%204.jpg

FullSizeRender%206.jpg

FullSizeRender%201.jpg

FullSizeRender%205.jpg

And as always, thanks for looking and firer away!

Edited by James2
  • Like 1

Looks very tight and put together, all of one piece, rather than the usual stretched out r**-**d stance. And yet its plenty low and dramatic, perhaps especially so because the look is so well integrated. The '29 cowl marries surprisingly well with the Deuce. You may have hit upon a winning combination here! I like the careful use of metallic shades, especially on the upper part of the motor and on the roll-cage. Very convincing. I used those AMT '34 Ford wheels and tires on my r**-**d build earlier this year. They really are the hot ticket for this type of car. Congrats on another fine model!

ebay of course

And thanks Bernard I value your input greatly. 

I've sourced mine from Micheals

Only criticism I have is the "Beehive" oil filter - doesn't seem to be plumbed into anything. You did an excellent job pumbing the engine tho....

Love these old ratty (Jalopy) Hot Rods - Nice looking build!  Wish my parts box was stocked as well as yours

Sweet hot rod! And the sophisticated finishes rust solution is THE WAY to go. I use that for everything. My '55 Chevy truck on the work bench right now has liberal amounts of sophisticated finishes on it lol

And if I wanted to add a hint of more recent orange rust to it, I dab a little tamiya weathering powder on it! Looks great!