Model Cars Magazine Forum

CANNONBALL 2017

Jantrix

as noticed, i finished my entry.

On the finishline i had a to cause some difficulties:

the rear lights won't fit, i had to open the provided holes. also the mirror and the turnlights wont fit in their holes... i removed the base. last things, the pipes are toooo long. cut it and glued it as last parts.

overall, i was more than positively surprised from this old Revell kit. Against his bad call, it is a filigree kit. with some changes and considered work, the result will be fine.

two previews:

CIMG170401_000.jpg

CIMG170401_002.jpg

Looks nice Dominik.  As normal I haven't done a thing on my build. We do have a little bit before it needs to  be done. I have been getting ideas about another entry. I will see if I can accomplish it or not. Then post up the entry.

Tim

I've always known it is a fussy kit Dominik, but for all the trouble you had I think it turned out very, very good. I was surprised you chose that kit because it is a challenge but it seem to be less challenging for you than it would be for me. Congratulations, well done.

Alright.  Here is my entry from 2008.  One of the originals.  An Audi R8 powered by the V12 TDI from he LMP1 Audi R10.  Thought it would be fun ton see another first year car.

After moving twice and changing jobs in the last 3 years I have built a grand total of 1 car.  This seems like a perfect reason to get back to the bench.  Stay tuned.

Dave

R8 TDI.jpg

R8 TDI2.jpg

Jeez Dominik.....I didnt even notice that yours was finished. Looks pretty good to me man. Nicely done.

My plan is C1 Models Audi R8 Extreme. Chris got backed up with orders and reworking masters and has fallen behind on getting items out. Soon tho, should hopefully ship this week, he's got NNL East coming up in a couple weeks.

In a perfect world.... (insert joke here).....it will hopefully looks something like this.

But I have a few minor changes in mind to make it more "mine" instead of just another one of Jon Olsson's cars.

Looking forward to more everyone.

David

Hi folks.  Some great looking builds there.

I suppose I should think about entering this one.  Better late than never eh?
Mind you, I spend most of the year not doing anything anyway.
My first thought was to finally build my Johan Turbine Car but I see W-409 has beaten me to that idea.  I'll need to go and immerse myself in the stash and do some thinking.

Something particularly impractical for this one I feel.

Yeah, I know that but from past experience Niko has similar tastes to me so they could end up looking similar and that'll show up that his work is better than mine :D.

No, I have ideas but I need to match bodies up to chassis' to see whats possible.

OK.  A decision has been made.

Sometimes my habit of gathering parts for a build into one box and then putting that box back into the stash pays off.
Having rejected the idea of a Meyers Hemi Manx as being too impractical (for a sea to shining sea run anyway) I first pulled out a box containing an AMT Duster chassis with an MPC Dart body.  The Dusters 340 was missing (there is a Lindberg slant 6 in the box) but I have a couple of Clearly Scale resin supercharged 6.1 Hemis...
...But no, while tempting (my winning build for the first run used the AMT Duster chassis) that is too subtle. so I dug back into the stash again and pulled out this...

The box is labelled Pro Lux.  It's the AMT '76 Caprice body shell and interior tub sat on the same makers '70 Dodge Super Bee Pro Street Chassis.  The rear half of the chassis fits like it was meant to be there and as the Mopars front subframe is moulded separately, matching the wheelbase will simply be a question of shaving off the mounting pins and gluing it further forwards.

The tunnel rammed Hemi was long ago used in something else but I have the engine I built for last years run so i'll use that.  It's a Ross Gibson Sonny's Mountain Thunder 762ci Pro Street engine.  That should do the trick.  Here's a quick mock up.

So, put me down as entered Rob - zenrat in ProLux.
This year my co-driver will be Velma Dinkley

OK.  A decision has been made.

Sometimes my habit of gathering parts for a build into one box and then putting that box back into the stash pays off.
Having rejected the idea of a Meyers Hemi Manx as being too impractical (for a sea to shining sea run anyway) I first pulled out a box containing an AMT Duster chassis with an MPC Dart body.  The Dusters 340 was missing (there is a Lindberg slant 6 in the box) but I have a couple of Clearly Scale resin supercharged 6.1 Hemis...
...But no, while tempting (my winning build for the first run used the AMT Duster chassis) that is too subtle. so I dug back into the stash again and pulled out this...

Pro%20Lux%20WIP%209-4-17_zpseyqm63sw.jpg

The box is labelled Pro Lux.  It's the AMT '76 Caprice body shell and interior tub sat on the same makers '70 Dodge Super Bee Pro Street Chassis.  The rear half of the chassis fits like it was meant to be there and as the Mopars front subframe is moulded separately, matching the wheelbase will simply be a question of shaving off the mounting pins and gluing it further forwards.

Pro%20Lux%20Start%209-4-17%202_zpsabox9f

The tunnel rammed Hemi was long ago used in something else but I have the engine I built for last years run so i'll use that.  It's a Ross Gibson Sonny's Mountain Thunder 762ci Pro Street engine.  That should do the trick.  Here's a quick mock up.

Pro%20Lux%20Mock%20Up%209-4-17_zpskfxwg6

So, put me down as entered Rob - zenrat in ProLux.
This year my co-driver will be Velma Dinkley

cool... I'm already diggin this one.

Glad to be back Jant.  A very good modelling friend died last year which got me down.  It has however just been pointed out to me that the last thing he would have wanted to do was stop me building.  And that was something I needed to hear.

Velma is already hard at work plotting a route consisting only of straights separated by service stations.

I am hard at work planning how to fit a fridge, microwave, coffee machine and box of donuts in the back seat, revise the suspension and upgrade the brakes.

I have been away from building for 10+ years and recently started lurking around the forum. After reading through the aussieball topic and this one I figured now is as good a time as any to start building again.  So if you don't mind I'd like to enter the game with a classic Yates vehicle - a dodge van.  I've got a couple glue bombs to work with, don't think I'm going to go with the classic ambulance but probably something that would go unnoticed and give it a Yates tribute.  Thanks, Fred.

image.jpg