Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang 1970 - Boss 429

Mjolnir

This is the Mustang 1970 Boss 429 I just finished. First model in 20+ year for me and I must admit that I'm quite happy with the result. Far from perfect but I've learnt so many things while doing it, it's only going to make the next model better.

Body Color: Testor Competition Orange/Flat Black, Tamiya Clear Coat. (all rattle can...don't have an airbush yet...)

Scratchbuilt the battery (and cables),front shocks and spring, windshield washer fluid tank, wired the engine ignition...(well partially...)

32461093955_35071683bd_b.jpgIMG_9573

32339569311_25fde635e8_b.jpgIMG_9579

32082868160_d231c02e43_b.jpgIMG_9545

32082868630_45f68b13a7_b.jpgIMG_9568

Edited by Mjolnir

Thanks all! 

My renewed interest in the hobby is growing daily and let's say that with all the great builders on this forum, it's fairly easy to get inspired and help is only a fingertip away.

Let's see if I will be able to do more than 4 inch of BMF without losing my mind...(Is this thing supposed to be sticky?!!) I tried it on the Boss louvers and let's just say that I didn't have the courage to do it for all the rest of the trims.

You knocked this one out of the park!

Super build.

I have had mixed experiences with BMF. Once I had a sheet with almost no tack to the glue and another was crazed and fragmented. It all depends on how it's been stored, I guess.

The best so far, was their Ulta-bright chrome. It behaves well. BMF needs to be burnished to stick to some surfaces. Gloss finish works best.

I have had mixed experiences with BMF. Once I had a sheet with almost no tack to the glue and another was crazed and fragmented. It all depends on how it's been stored, I guess.

The best so far, was their Ulta-bright chrome. It behaves well. BMF needs to be burnished to stick to some surfaces. Gloss finish works best.

I was the one who told my hobby shop that BMF had somewhat of an expiration date even if it's not written black on white on the packaging. I don't even know how long those sheets were in the store. That might be why it has 0 tack.

Louvers on the mustang were flat black, with flat clear coat and the BMF had basically no spot/creases to adhere to. From what I can read, it's basically the worst situation one can have with BMF. I swear, if I blow at the correct angle, I'm 100% sure that thing will come right off the louvers.

I'll give it a second try that's for sure. I see some people having great result with it. Guess I'll also try Alcad chrome once I get an airbrush.