Model Cars Magazine Forum

37 Ford Coupe

adamelvis

IMG_5765.thumb.JPG.31430d34f52bfa2118120

My next build is this hot rod that my daughter picked out for me !

cars_063.thumb.jpg.fca96fa98c635fc8e86f7

She choose the colour also, it will be Testors (#1629C) Custom Red Metal Flake. I think it looks like candy apple red.

TCB,

Adam

Edited by adamelvis

Filled in the bumper slots on the outside & inside of the body. Also, filled in the mold holes on the underside of the roof. I will cover this with fabric for a customer roof liner later.181.thumb.JPG.8c31009260d165a2b8c508e6c7182.thumb.JPG.ff9bfe914b69bc5744a34fe344184.thumb.JPG.7718cce376960431017830bea3

183.JPG

TCB,

Adam

Edited by adamelvis

I always buy the Model Car Garage photo etched detail parts for what ever car I'm building. Below is the steering wheel arms from #MCG-2207. The stock steering wheel is nicely detailed, however, I find it too thick.

186.thumb.JPG.0747e4abd0d51b8143b969dda7

I cut out the center and then glued in the PE part. Finished steering wheel below. 

210.thumb.JPG.186f009f6eacda64281f84faec

185.thumb.JPG.4be26ecabd3ba4eb400af03309

Here are the interior parts and partially completed engine.  I don't like the one piece seats with that plastic mold in the middle.  I was just going to add single seats from a '98 Corvette, but after I painted the center to match the body colour, I think it stands out and gives it a good look now. 

282.thumb.PNG.40ba39cca167256920fb1b4b39

Those shocks just don't look decent, so I used some styrene pipe and the white casing from some wire, which I stripped off. Drilled out a whole for the tube to sit in and cut off two dougnuts from the styrene pipe. The great thing about this is now theses are "adjustable shocks" and you can adjust the length by pulling it apart or pushing the ends together !! 

283.thumb.JPG.3b35391c686acd892b8e9f9996

Original kit shock on the top and the two new adjustable ones on the bottom. 

TCB,

Adam

Edited by adamelvis

• 2 years later...

The hood/body fitment might be from the grill being just a little to upright. See if you can move the grill back just a little and tape it in place. Then check your hood alignment again. If you have ever worked with the old AMT '36 Ford you will see how they both seem to have the same problem. The mounting point on the front fenders may have to be thinned a little to correct. 

2 hours ago, espo said:

The hood/body fitment might be from the grill being just a little to upright. See if you can move the grill back just a little and tape it in place. Then check your hood alignment again. If you have ever worked with the old AMT '36 Ford you will see how they both seem to have the same problem. The mounting point on the front fenders may have to be thinned a little to correct. 

Thanks David. I'll definately do that.

TCB,

Adam

• 3 years later...