Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram's Hemi Fiat - 1/32nd Scale

gasser59

Sourced a really bad glue bomb along with a good first issue box, resin body and engine from Ebay, made a brass chassis, functioning front axle, wired plugs and plumbed main fuel line and injectors. This is a holy grail kit for me so I painted it like the original issue box art. I just had to add the plug wires and do a little plumbing.

MongoramFiat2-vi.jpg

MongoramFiat3-vi.jpg

MongoramFiat4-vi.jpg

MongoramFiat5-vi.jpg

MongoramFiat8-vi.jpg

MongoramFiat9-vi.jpg

MongoramFiat12-vi.jpg

MongoramFiat11-vi.jpg

Entered this in the Small Scale category at Desert Scale Classic this past Saturday and am pleased to say it took top honors. Didn't hurt there weren't any other entries.

Thanks.

Edited by gasser59

Brad, I want you to know that seeing the way your Fiat was coming along was the inspiration I needed to finish my long stalled gold example that I posted here recently. I love the simplicity of your execution here - lots of care and some nice little touches like the steerable wheels.  If only I could find the Willys and 34!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks brother. This one was a bit different being the smaller scale and all. I wouldn't hesitate to build the other three in this series. I have an untouched '34 Ford - the Little Screamer. Need the Willys and that will be hard to find. Never have seen one in person whether built or in a box.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! That turned out very nice, especially when considering how tiny it is. All of the extra work you did with all of the details really paid off, this is a major improvement to that kit. Congrats on the award too, even without seeing the other entries I'm sure it went into the right direction!

• 6 months later...

At our last Moonlight Modelers meeting, my good friend Gabriel gave me the Willys from this series in a baggie. No box but now I have all three. I'll have to order more rubber tires and resin rims from Joseph at Fireball Modelworks. Once I get either one of them started, I'll start a new thread.

Edited by gasser59