Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Charger - not too flashy

randyc

This is my build of the 67 Charger.  Original issue.  Been holding out till the right paint scheme hit me and this was it.  Needed to be less common yet a real color.  Wheel covers from a 68-9 Dart just 'cause I'm tired of Magnum 500s and didn't want it too hot rod (Cragars in box)  Bronze lacquer from Testors.  Inside and out.   I didn't have my airbrush set up when I painted body, so not too shiny.  Embossing powder for carpet.   More of a "day 3" car, so to speak.  Paint's a little dull, different wheel covers, but still clean.  Box stock except the wheel covers.  

IMG_20170806_103848779.jpg

IMG_20170806_103013701.jpg

IMG_20170806_103859822.jpg

IMG_20170806_103705850_HDR.jpg

Thanks guys.

Xingu: I do not have any interior pics as I was working on this concurrently with another car and didn't take pics of the interior of this one.  I should have because this one was very challenging.  Maybe more than the body, with all of the chrome surrounds on the seats and door panels and even around the carpeting at the rear armrest area.  I tried foiling on the interior but ended up using chrome paint mostly.  And the insets on doors were a metallizer.  The dash presented it's own set of challenges as well.  Google images is usually my biggest resource on detailing my builds any more.  You can find a picture of about any part of a car you want to detail.  

The white stripe on the roof is a bit heavy, but all I could find in my decals.  It's actually stripes from a Home Depot NASCAR sheet.  I debated leaving them off but they are a part of what makes the real car so fascinating to me.