Model Cars Magazine Forum

K&R Kustoms+Rods 33/36 Coupe -update Halloween

Yep, some incredibly cool ideas happening here. Looking forward to seeing more!

The shortened trunk is a neat touch, and I love the re-worked windshield area and lower cowl.

Is there any plan for a custom grille insert shape? The vertical slot in the '36 piece somehow doesn't suit the feral attitude of the rest of car IMHO.

I actually like the grille shell but I think it needs to be straight up and down. Great work blending that roof in. This is shaping up to be another nice build, I'd like to see more of these style builds on here. 

Brother, she's a real streamliner with new curves and slick style... No Bones about it!  Salty little wench with attitude!!  Dearly needed the nose job and the butt tuck... and I really like how you took a little off her top.  She was a bit top heavy, but now she's lean and mean!  And ready to scream across the flats!!!  Awesome work on our little ol' dream coupe, RRR! -KK

Revellogram '36 Hood Sides vs AMT '36 Hood Sides.jpg

3336 3W Mockup 3-9-14.JPG

Yeah, I know, I'm not 100% sold on the grille shell yet either, I have some ideas for a mod or two that might make it look a little better. I also plan to add '36 headlights down low on each side that will interrupt the "knight's helmet" look a bit. Here's a shot of the recessed firewall and trans/driveshaft tunnel. It all snugs together better than the pic would indicate....

IMG_1784.JPG

I actually like the grille shell but I think it needs to be straight up and down. Great work blending that roof in. This is shaping up to be another nice build, I'd like to see more of these style builds on here. 

Everyone has their own opinion. But I believe with all lines on the car the grille/shell/front sheetmetal need to match the lines of the car. Just my opinion.

Dennis

Just a wild crazy thought about the grille.  One I have never used but always wanted to is the custom grille out of the AMT 37 Chevy coupe.  It could easily be laid back a little and fitted up to your 36 style leading edge.  Bottom could be shortened, reshaped as desired.

Like I said, just a thought.

Cheers

Alan

Slow going down here as well... Attention turns to the front end now. I have been massaging the front rails (fortunately this grey plastic AMT uses is pretty pliable) to get them unkinked in order to figure where to put the front xmember.... a skim coat of squadron green to smooth out the inside of the rails...I cut out a paper pattern for the hood sides...quick mockup... -RRR

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_2064.JPG

Attention turns to the front suspension today. Crossmember fabbed up....suspension is the I-beam axle from the Revell Model A series. The spring was cut off of the top of the axle, narrowed a tad and attached to the split bones, suicide style...friction shocks will be used...thanks for looking... -RRR

IMG_2071.JPG

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2076.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

Great fab work, RRR! -KK