Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help in identifying kits for inventory

Here are the first of kits I need info on for my spreadsheet inventory. If additional info on any one is needed, holler and I can post photos of the kit.

1) AMT "Rat Packer" Chevy II    Need to know what year the car is.

2) AMT KS Pittman Willys Gasser   Need year. I think it's a '41.

3) AMT Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee   Need year.

4) AMT 1966 Mercury Hardtop (Green Car on box)   What model is that car?

5) AMT Ford Galaxie Styline   What year?

OK, guys. I'll take these one at a time again.

1) Seems there is a differing of opinions on what year the Rat Packer is. I'm not exactly sure what year they stopped calling the car a Chevy II and started calling it a Nova, but I was thinking around '64 or '65. Anybody else?

2) I was pretty sure the Pittman Willys was a '41. Thanks.

3) OK. Blame this on an old pair of eyes. Yes, the Charger is a Revell, not an AMT. My old eyes didn't see straight when looking at my spreadsheet. So that's a 2007? OK. Thanks for that too.

4) The '66 Mercury is a Park Lane. Thanks.

5) And the Galaxie Styline is a '61. Great. 4 out of 5 identified for sure. Verdict is still out on the Rat Packer. I'll wait and see if anybody else chimes in.

Now, onto the next three. This is all of them, I think.

6) What year is the Lindberg Dodge L700?

7) What year is the Phil Bonner Warbucks Mustang?

8) What year is the Jo-Han Studebaker Lark Snap Kit?

AMT made a few 66 Nova kits and also some  65's,  But if you look at the kit tail lights and compare them to the pics my66s55 posted it looks to be a 65. Also the body lines are different 

Rat Packer is a 65 Chevy II (instruction page below).  The Boss Nova Wagon is 62-64 (I believe it is from the 63 Wagon),  AMT also did a 72 Nova and 66 Nova with a Pro Stock option (the 72 the one with separate front fenders).

T 156 (8)

OK. It seems the consensus on the Rat Packer is that it's a '65. I had been trying to distinguish by looking at the grill and front bumper, but the different years are just too close for that. Never really thought about looking at tail lights, but that seems to be the sure way to tell. Thanks, guys!

And the Stude is a '62. Thanks, Steve.

That leaves me needing to know what year the Lindberg Dodge L700 is and what year the Phil Bonner Warbucks Mustang is.

OK. It seems the consensus on the Rat Packer is that it's a '65. I had been trying to distinguish by looking at the grill and front bumper, but the different years are just too close for that. Never really thought about looking at tail lights, but that seems to be the sure way to tell. Thanks, guys!

And the Stude is a '62. Thanks, Steve.

That leaves me needing to know what year the Lindberg Dodge L700 is and what year the Phil Bonner Warbucks Mustang is.

If the Phil Bonner Warbucks Mustang is one of the AMT first-gen funnies, then it would be a '65. The kit is actually based on the '66 tooling, not that there's much difference, but the "factory" Mustang funnies were based on largely stock Mustangs in '65 and had stretched noses, faired-over headlights, and many more modifications in '66. I THINK Bonner had one of the stretched ones in '66.

Well, Snake, I guess the Mustang is a '65. I tried researching for quite a while and I found a LOT more info on the Daddy Warbucks Falcon than on the Mustang. I found one mention that "in 1965, Bonner would move on to an A/FX-legal Mustang" so have to assume that it was a '65.

Thanks to you for that one, and thanks to everybody for the help on the rest. I now have 100% complete data in my spreadsheet!